Recommendations for Auto-Doser - 2 part

FishyMeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I am looking for some affordable recommendations for a auto-dosing system. I have been dosing the liquid brightwell reef code a and b for awhile now. My corals have done fantastic on this stuff. Because of that, I would like to keep using it. But I am not home a lot and so I want to get an auto-dosing system set up that will dose both a and b separately. I am also planning on switching to the reef code a and b powders to be more economical.

Ideally, the doser I am looking for would be relatively affordable, be able to does 2 things separately (reef code a and b), and the two pumps on it would be able to be adjusted separately (e.g., I could does 2ml of reef code a and 3ml of reef code b per day). Any recommendations? Am I better off just buying two separate single pumps and hooking them up separately?

Thanks in advance!

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have experience using kamore x1 dosers and aquavitro sentia dosers. Both of them have been great and would be able to be used as you describe.

Last edited:

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I am looking for some affordable recommendations for a auto-dosing system. I have been dosing the liquid brightwell reef code a and b for awhile now. My corals have done fantastic on this stuff. Because of that, I would like to keep using it. But I am not home a lot and so I want to get an auto-dosing system set up that will dose both a and b separately. I am also planning on switching to the reef code a and b powders to be more economical.

Ideally, the doser I am looking for would be relatively affordable, be able to does 2 things separately (reef code a and b), and the two pumps on it would be able to be adjusted separately (e.g., I could does 2ml of reef code a and 3ml of reef code b per day). Any recommendations? Am I better off just buying two separate single pumps and hooking them up separately?

Thanks in advance!
Two of these is relatively economical and more reliable than other cheap options. For more flexibility in the future, I'd recommend the Ecotech Versa, but that's over twice the cost.

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I currently use Apex's DOS, Bubble Magnus BT101 and the Kamore X1. They all work great. The Kamore is great, I really like it. If the Bubble Magnus had an app, it would be the top of my list. But, it works fantastically. All three do. I actually got my X1 for $20 off Facebook. It does my AB+ dosing. I use the DOS for my 2 part balling and Nopox. I use the BM on a planted FW tank that I inject on and it has worked flawlessly.

Fritz05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Kamoer X1 Bluetooth versions, which are discontinued, but they work great. I bought them because I read reviews about the Wifi versions being difficult to connect.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has an extra 20% off clearance items now and you can get a stand alone GHL for about $350.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Been using that pump on a smaller tank for about a year and it’s been a champ. Honestly one of the best pumps I have used from the UI side. Recalibrate it every 2-3 months and it’s always been within 5%. For 3ml dose I would cut it 1:1 with water and set it for hourly dosing.

Seymo44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Kamoer X1 Bluetooth versions, which are discontinued, but they work great. I bought them because I read reviews about the Wifi versions being difficult to connect.
I also use the Kamoer x1, I love mine. Simple to calibrate and setup. The new wifi ones are about the same price, but I have no experience with those.

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ALSO use Kamoer X1 (old version) and an F1. I have 2 X1's and needed a 3rd but when I went looking, no one had it. So I got the F1, (wanted bluetooth connection) It's still affordable at $89 for the F1 and $78 for the X1 Pro's most everywhere you go. The app for it is good and you can link them all together in the 1 app, set dosing individually and it will track how much and when dosing is done, and calculate how much is left if whatever you are dosing.
you can also daisy chain the pumps on 1 power supply.
The X1 Pro is Wifi only, and the F1 is Wifi & Bluetooth

The only down side is that you can not physically connect them together like you can with other dosers, the X1 pro's can mount but it might be hard as the mounts go against the wall, and the power plug is there so holes may need to be cut.

Screenshots_2023-08-17-07-29-19.png
Screenshots_2023-08-17-07-29-41.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FishyMeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thanks all! This is super helpful. Seems like the kamoer is the popular choice. I definitely like that I can control them via wifi/bluetooth. I will likely pick some up when the paychecks allow. I'll take any other info/recommendations in the mean time of course!

OP
OP
F

FishyMeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Been using that pump on a smaller tank for about a year and it’s been a champ. Honestly one of the best pumps I have used from the UI side. Recalibrate it every 2-3 months and it’s always been within 5%. For 3ml dose I would cut it 1:1 with water and set it for hourly dosing.
This is pretty cool. I like that the accessories are relatively affordable. Is the UI via an app or is it adjusted manually?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1140.jpeg
IMG_1141.jpeg

It’s all app driven. If you do get the kit everything is very well designed except the dosing nozzles. They are absolute trash. So do yourself a favour and order a Red Sea or whatever holder and nozzle set.

Last edited:

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did you not like about the nozzles?

Just not appropriate for 2/3 part dosing. If I had to guess the apertures were something like 0.009”. They also did not secure well. Red Sea is an easy upgrade for less that a combo meal.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back