Red Sea 625 XXL stocking list 130 Gallon Display

JetsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all my first post but I read here all the time. I recently got a Red Sea 625 XXL G2. I have currently:

1. 1 Clownfish
2. Cardinal Fish pair
3. 1 chromis
4. 1 Valentino Puffer
5. 1 Dwarf Angelfish
6. 1 Convict Tang
7. 2 smaller wrasses
8. 1 Cleaner shrimp
9. 1 snowflake eel (10-12 inches)
10. 1 royal gamma
11. Arrow Crab (which I wanna kill or get rid of) I would replace him with a pair of Banded Shrimps.
12. 2 rock flower anemones

Am I near full stock? I want to get another tang or two... but not sure. This tank is 133 display and 32 in the sump for 165 gallons total. I hand feed my snowflake frozen krill and he hasn't even touched my fish. What other types of fish could I put in here? Like I said I'm looking to add bigger fish in the mix. Maybe 1-2 more tangs and after I get rid of the arrow crab I wanna add more shrimps. Any recommendations on fish I could add? Am I at full stock?

I have a reefmat, skimmer and UV along with a heater just FYI.

image.jpg

Last edited:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all my first post but I read here all the time. I recently got a Red Sea 625 XXL G2. I have currently:

1. 1 Clownfish
2. Cardinal Fish pair
3. 1 chromis
4. 1 Valentino Puffer
5. 1 Dwarf Angelfish
6. 1 Convict Tang
7. 2 smaller wrasses
8. 1 Cleaner shrimp
9. 1 snowflake eel (10-12 inches)
10. 1 royal gamma
11. Arrow Crab (which I wanna kill or get rid of) I would replace him with a pair of Banded Shrimps.
12. 2 rock flower anemones

Am I near full stock? I want to get another tang or two... but not sure. This tank is 133 display and 32 in the sump for 165 gallons total. I hand feed my snowflake frozen krill and he hasn't even touched my fish. What other types of fish could I put in here? Like I said I'm looking to add bigger fish in the mix. Maybe 1-2 more tangs and after I get rid of the arrow crab I wanna add more shrimps. Any recommendations on fish I could add? Am I at full stock?

I have a reefmat, skimmer and UV along with a heater just FYI.

image.jpg
How long is the tank?? And convict tangs are pretty shy when it comes to tangs, so if you do watch for aggression from the other one to the convict. You could always add another convict, heard they do well together. Ive got 3 tangs in my 6foot 125: yellow, purple and blue!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is the tank?? And convict tangs are pretty shy when it comes to tangs, so if you do watch for aggression from the other one to the convict. You could always add another convict, heard they do well together. Ive got 3 tangs in my 6foot 125: yellow, purple and blue!
Naso tangs are pretty chill too, just be aware they get HUGE

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer is "no", but that also depends on what you consider "overstocked". I have a RedSea 750XXL with ~50 fish (about 25% are in the 4-6" size range). At first glance I would say "anything that can't potentially fit in the eel", but you do have a lot of options. Chromis always seem to benefit from being in schools (3+) and anthias are another colorful and active fish.

Here is my reef inhabitants list (this is what gets along in my tank, but YMMV - greatly!)

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso tangs are pretty chill too, just be aware they get HUGE
Also could add a harem of anthias! Ive got a male lyertail and 4 females. They add a lot of color and movement to the tank!

Attachments

• 53B8F62C-4EB4-4CED-8599-6CBB4C41C157.png
    53B8F62C-4EB4-4CED-8599-6CBB4C41C157.png
    850.9 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
JetsReef

JetsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 feet.

OP
OP
JetsReef

JetsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer is "no", but that also depends on what you consider "overstocked". I have a RedSea 750XXL with ~50 fish (about 25% are in the 4-6" size range). At first glance I would say "anything that can't potentially fit in the eel", but you do have a lot of options. Chromis always seem to benefit from being in schools (3+) and anthias are another colorful and active fish.

Here is my reef inhabitants list (this is what gets along in my tank, but YMMV - greatly!)
I'll check out the anthias for sure thanks!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso Tang and Anthias is what I'm think.
So a Naso will get way too big for your tank, they get huge and need a lot of swimming room. Only tank Ive seen an adult in that doesnt look crowded is a 8 footer! Thats the only reason I dont have a naso. But if you get a baby you would need to upgrade or rehome most like. My LFS has one in their 8 foot 500 gallon and its still a huge fish in there, probably the size of a full grown emperor or around there. For sure over a foot long

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back