Red Sea 900 3XL build. First big build!

KHH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all! Been in fish only tanks for a long time, I got out of the hobby about 10 years ago. Few months ago I decided to jump back into the hobby. I started back in with a Red Sea 200 G2. That was fun so I decided why not go big! So I decided to go really big. Red Sea 900 big. I figured this this would be the perfect tank to document the build and its progress. So here we go.

The tank finally arrived on 2/7/24. Dry wall is going up in the area where the tank will be placed. Im building up the stand over the next few days. I have 5 movers coming on 2/11/24 to move this beast of a tank into my basement.

I didnt buy the full setup as I wanted to buy gear specifically for this tank. So far I have:
1 Apex Pro
2 Maxspect 350 Gyre’s
1 Vectra L2
120 pounds of Maro Rock shelf
2 800 W heaters with a Ink bird

I have more items coming as soon as I can get around to buying them
4 Hydra 64 pros
50 more pounds of Marco Rock
2 MP 40’s
1 Reefmat 1200
1 Skimmer I haven’t decided on the brand or side yet (I plan on undersizing it because of the Reefmat)
1 Trident
1 Vectra L2 as a second/backup pump

I know there are many people out there with experience on big tanks so Im always open to suggestions if someone has input on different/better or additional items that. Im also installing a utility sink for the RODI system and 2 large tanks (maybe 100 G) for a mixing station.

I plan on doing a BB tank on this go as I have never done a BB. This tank will have coral, my RS 200 was my first attempt at coral. It has been an eye opening experience so I look forward to trying it on a bigger scale.
IMG_2173.jpeg
IMG_2176.jpeg
IMG_2179.jpeg
IMG_2180.jpeg
IMG_2181.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back