Red Sea Mature Programme Day 6 Question

drewyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently working my way through the Red Sea Mature Programme and have reached day 6. At this point the instructions say to check my KH, calculate the amount to get it up to 8.4 and divide by 4 to get my daily dosing amount. Between days 3 and 6 my KH has risen from 9 to 9.5. This tells me that I don't need to dose any more Coraline Gro.

I'd appreciate the thoughts of others whether my assumption is correct or if I need to wait for a few more days until it drops

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised to see KH to go up over time if you did not do a water change.

You shouldnt have negative consumption of DKH. I would maybe say a measurement error on the front end?

Maybe retest in a day or so and see if it drops any... but I would agree to not dose any more at this time.

I used the program as well, however I also had my rock cycling in a brute for about 8 weeks prior to putting into tank and my measurements were all over the place. (in the 93 cube build bellow)

OP
OP
D

drewyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply @JBKReef

I've contacted Red Sea and been told to continue the mature programme and retest at day 14 to check for a drop. All other parameters are as per the instructions so I'm not too concerned

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for top off? Tap water can contain alkalinity.

So can some additives that you might not realize.

A substantial nitrate drop will boost alk a bit, and it may also just be testing error.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back