Red Sea Max E 170 Circulation Pump Not Turning On

Amanda Boda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up and filled a Red Sea MAX e 170 and went to turn on the circulation pump and it is not turning on. I tried contacting their customer support but it is after hours.

My lights, heater and skimmer all work, so there isn't an issue with my power supply. I don't know how to troubleshoot this or if there is anything I can do. This is my first tank.

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried a different plug for the pump? Have you tried pulling the pump out of the back to see if there's something visibly wrong with it? Have you tried disassembling the pump?

While it's a "custom" part for Red Sea by Sicce, it's a Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 or 2.0 (don't remember). There should be plenty of information as to making sure it's installed, serviced, etc., but if you're plugging it in, submerging it, and it's not turning on - your best bet is probably just having it replaced through your vendor.

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try turning it off and on a bunch and waiting a few seconds. I have a Red Sea pump that is difficult to turn back on after water changes but it always does eventually

OP
OP
Amanda Boda

Amanda Boda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried a different plug for the pump? Have you tried pulling the pump out of the back to see if there's something visibly wrong with it? Have you tried disassembling the pump?

While it's a "custom" part for Red Sea by Sicce, it's a Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 or 2.0 (don't remember). There should be plenty of information as to making sure it's installed, serviced, etc., but if you're plugging it in, submerging it, and it's not turning on - your best bet is probably just having it replaced through your vendor.
After doing all of your recommendations, I'm happy to report that it turned on and is in working order! Thank you very much for your advice and insight. I took it apart and put it back together, and that seemed to do the trick. Thank you again!

Back