Red Sea nitrate pro

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird stupid question. When testing is there a reason I have to fill both vials with 16ml of reef tank water?

I have been filling the second bottle with just sink or ro drinking water. Never get matching colors. I wonder if that's why?

Does anyone else do what I do or am I just dumb

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank water may be less clear than tap or RO so it would be best to use tank water but I assume there is little to no difference. As for colors not matching that's just the Red Sea kit, I love their dKH test kit but the No3 kit is garbage IMO. Switching to Nyos when I run out.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank water may be less clear than tap or RO so it would be best to use tank water but I assume there is little to no difference. As for colors not matching that's just the Red Sea kit, I love their dKH test kit but the No3 kit is garbage IMO. Switching to Nyos when I run out.
Funny I can't do the dkh. I can see the color change that green yellow is same color to me so I don't know when to stop until it's to late lol

Nyos or elos. Which is better?

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I can't do the dkh. I can see the color change that green yellow is same color to me so I don't know when to stop until it's to late lol

Nyos or elos. Which is better?
It doesn't mater as long as you do it the same way every time. As soon as I see color change I give it one more drop and call it good.

I'm going to try the Nyos, idk anything about the Elos. I've always used Salifert or Red Sea for everything but I don't like either of their No3 kits.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't mater as long as you do it the same way every time. As soon as I see color change I give it one more drop and call it good.

I'm going to try the Nyos, idk anything about the Elos. I've always used Salifert or Red Sea for everything but I don't like either of their No3 kits.
Funny u said nyos cause before u responded I watched YouTube video on it. I'll try it too

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do ok with the Red Sea Pro nitrate test. But the hue on the test wheel does not match the test result. One has more of a yellow hue than the other. So I try to match the tint on the wheel which is how light or dark the result is.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back