Red Sea Reefer 350 G2+ vs Waterbox Marine X 110

leeloo82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm new to saltwater aquariums - previously only had a 55 gallon freshwater. I know I could hodge-podge all plumbing, but that idea alone is giving me heartburn. I'm looking at the Red Sea Reefer 350 G2+ or the Waterbox Marine X 110. Would like a 72-75 gallon range. They are pretty expensive. Worth it? Your choice between the two? Or do you have something else comparable to these? I like that it comes with all the plumbing.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm new to saltwater aquariums - previously only had a 55 gallon freshwater. I know I could hodge-podge all plumbing, but that idea alone is giving me heartburn. I'm looking at the Red Sea Reefer 350 G2+ or the Waterbox Marine X 110. Would like a 72-75 gallon range. They are pretty expensive. Worth it? Your choice between the two? Or do you have something else comparable to these? I like that it comes with all the plumbing.
I have a red sea. I love the tank, its beautiful. However theres so many seam failures being reported from the hanging front glass panel design that Im terrified of mine letting go and it stresses me out, constantly checking it twice a day. I would go with waterbox or another brand. Ive got an innovative marine nano tank, maybe look at their bigger all in ones? The glass is beautiful in the tank!

rhpmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the things i'm curious about with the Red Sea seam breaks is if that's been remedied with their new G2+ tanks that have "armored edges" around the silicon. Meaning, were these leaks and seam breaks mostly reported with G1 and G2, versus G2+?

I have a Red Sea Max Nano running for over 2 years, and it's been fantastic.

Innovative Marine is also great, but their sump in the stands seems to use up the entirety of the stand, so you may be limited in your space to add under the stand.

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One of the things i'm curious about with the Red Sea seam breaks is if that's been remedied with their new G2+ tanks that have "armored edges" around the silicon. Meaning, were these leaks and seam breaks mostly reported with G1 and G2, versus G2+?

I have a Red Sea Max Nano running for over 2 years, and it's been fantastic.

Innovative Marine is also great, but their sump in the stands seems to use up the entirety of the stand, so you may be limited in your space to add under the stand.
I'm trying to find some info comparing G2 to G2+. I want to get the 350 G2+ but all these seem break failures is giving me anxiety.

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the CADE suggestion. Mine (CADE 2100) is close to a year old now and I have not had a single issue. The tank stand is made of aluminum and tempered glass which basically tells me it should last forever. The gravity fed ATO built into the back of the tank is one of my favorite features. Again, I don’t think you can go wrong with CADE.

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find some info comparing G2 to G2+. I want to get the 350 G2+ but all these seem break failures is giving me anxiety.
Last week my Reefer 350 had seam issue and it's a out 3.8 yrs. I am not buying another Redsea even though the G2+ claims to be ok. Who knows what happens with another 4 years from now. Can't spend $2000 every 3 years.

Redsea gave $800 credit to buy a G2+ tank which I declined.

Waterbox are good as well with their newer series. But still I don't want to go with them and price is almost near to same for this similar gallon. $4000.

So I am going Cade 1500 S2. Which gives me peace of mind for another 10 years at least and a great build of course

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last week my Reefer 350 had seam issue and it's a out 3.8 yrs. I am not buying another Redsea even though the G2+ claims to be ok. Who knows what happens with another 4 years from now. Can't spend $2000 every 3 years.

Redsea gave $800 credit to buy a G2+ tank which I declined.

Waterbox are good as well with their newer series. But still I don't want to go with them and price is almost near to same for this similar gallon. $4000.

So I am going Cade 1500 S2. Which gives me peace of mind for another 10 years at least and a great build of course
I wish I could go Cade. They don't have the size that I'm looking for.

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also my LFS's near me who are in this for about 25 years vouched me for WaterBox with their newer series. I live in Jacksonville where WaterBox Warehouses are and all tanks shipped from here. Have seen their facility and QA. They are good. Literally i can place an order and take it by today 2.30 PM if i can lol.

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also my LFS's near me who are in this for about 25 years vouched me for WaterBox with their newer series. I live in Jacksonville where WaterBox Warehouses are and all tanks shipped from here. Have seen their facility and QA. They are good. Literally i can place an order and take it by today 2.30 PM if i can lol.
Yeah I'm leaning towards the Waterbox now. Only downside is getting a fleece roller for it is difficult and I don't like the 5g ATO reservoir in the sump. I was planning on getting the 10g reefcan for the RS. I could do the same for the WB but then that ATO reservoir would go to waste. Maybe I could just put equipment in there.

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm leaning towards the Waterbox now. Only downside is getting a fleece roller for it is difficult and I don't like the 5g ATO reservoir in the sump. I was planning on getting the 10g reefcan for the RS. I could do the same for the WB but then that ATO reservoir would go to waste. Maybe I could just put equipment in there.
Yes. But try Reefmat 500 and yes you don't need the glass sump. Rather buy something from Advanced acrylic if you want something fancy/durable or yes Reefcan is an option but too costly for what it is.

Back