Red Sea Reefer 525XL

Kuzboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a new to me Red Sea Reefer 525XL and am ready to finally fill it with water. The previous owner had it up and running with no issues. After I purchased it I began researching for ideas and came across all the issues with seams giving out and i started to get worried. I have found that a lot of these issues dealt with bubbles in the silicone and the tanks not being level. I have attached some images of the seams and was wondering if it should be anything to worry about. I know that these are from the glass scraper but none seem to go into the adjoining glass pane. Resealing is not an option but would greatly appreciate any feedback!

0CB83938-5BCB-4A9B-A521-906E44D8A84C.jpeg A96EC245-8AEE-4FBB-B8F2-EFCE08EF62C7.jpeg E080666B-E84B-4290-BE43-883A70F004A2.jpeg

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say 'no'. - However I would send the pictures to RedSea Tech support and ask them. I can say that I have had the same type of areas on my reefer - from scraping. Some of yours look concerning (to me).. (i.e. concerning enough to contact them

OP
OP
K

Kuzboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say 'no'. - However I would send the pictures to RedSea Tech support and ask them. I can say that I have had the same type of areas on my reefer - from scraping. Some of yours look concerning (to me).. (i.e. concerning enough to contact them
Thank you for your response! Ive reached out to Red Sea and hopefully hear something from them on Monday. Thanks again

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back