Red Spot on Green Chromis

Salomlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I know the pic is a bit blurry, but these guys don't hold still. It's this small red spot on the side of one of my 3 green chromis. All of the fish in the DT were QT'd with copper so I'm hoping that sufficiently clears the risk of parasites.

I've been adding metronidazole powder to their food for the past few days, but the spot may be getting bigger.

Any advice/theories would be much appreciated; thank you!

Seth

Chromis Red Spot.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi, I know the pic is a bit blurry, but these guys don't hold still. It's this small red spot on the side of one of my 3 green chromis. All of the fish in the DT were QT'd with copper so I'm hoping that sufficiently clears the risk of parasites.

I've been adding metronidazole powder to their food for the past few days, but the spot may be getting bigger.

Seth

Chromis Red Spot.jpg
Unfortunately, this may be uronema but the lesions are typically more elongated. You can treat with Ruby rally Pro as quick cure is hard to find. Chloroquine Phosphate will also work but must be used precisely. Uronema is not an obligate parasite, and can thrive on bacteria, uneaten food, and waste so besides treatment also maintain a clean tank removing waste daily.
Best treatment choice is a 45 min formalin bath using Quick Cure or rally Pro then finished with treatment in a quarantine tank. Once in QT tank, treat and assure that the parasites have been eliminated.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Seth

Chromis Red Spot.jpg

Here is an article I wrote on Uronema:

Jay

OP
OP
S

Salomlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, this may be uronema but the lesions are typically more elongated. You can treat with Ruby rally Pro as quick cure is hard to find. Chloroquine Phosphate will also work but must be used precisely. Uronema is not an obligate parasite, and can thrive on bacteria, uneaten food, and waste so besides treatment also maintain a clean tank removing waste daily.
Best treatment choice is a 45 min formalin bath using Quick Cure or rally Pro then finished with treatment in a quarantine tank. Once in QT tank, treat and assure that the parasites have been eliminated.
Thank you!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back