RedSea Colors program or Korallen-Zucht Coral System

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything else in the system has not change except one thing. Same amount of water changed by weekly with same salt. Gfo and carbon amounts and change out the same. Added a couple fish. Feeding foods and frequency the same. The only thing different is the light intensity is a little lower but i just recently did that about a month ago and it went from 100 blues to 70 and 70 whites to 50. But thats it i dose 3ml of each daily, im currently at 147ml of cal and 147 of alk with 2ml of mag daily. With ramping blues on for 13 hrs whites 11. I use kz coral vit daily and coral snow every other day. But again those have been the same. I do like kz products so im willing to see how this new one works out.

Just some thoughts...

Could have possibly been to much blue's and reducing spured more growth...

More fish = more poo = coral food...

How much do you feed? Not enough food before and added supplements = food = more growth. Possibly just feeding more could have helped.

OP
OP
FishOfHex

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't allign wih my last thought and what you posted.

At the end of the day after adding the red sea color program i noticed a difference in color.. I will be discontinuing it once i receive the new KZ color system and will be doing that for a period of 10 weeks to see if it has any effect on the system. If at the end of the first 10 weeks i noticed no benefit to the new color system i will discontinue and go back to red sea. I will do a full review before, during and after those 10 weeks. This is simply a test/review of the new product because I have yet to see anything on it. Thanks guys stay tuned.

Setlock13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the videos! I decided on trying the coral system as well. Do you mind if I post my results on this thread as well? Switching from Red Sea program and dosed pohl's and the LPS amino from zeo. I stopped dosing all of those as recommended by KZ. I run carbon and gfo presently and only dose Mg, Alk, and Cal with the coral system. I will continue to feed reef roids 3x/wk

OP
OP
FishOfHex

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the videos! I decided on trying the coral system as well. Do you mind if I post my results on this thread as well? Switching from Red Sea program and dosed pohl's and the LPS amino from zeo. I stopped dosing all of those as recommended by KZ. I run carbon and gfo presently and only dose Mg, Alk, and Cal with the coral system. I will continue to feed reef roids 3x/wk

Yea man you can add your stuff here.

Setlock13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notes from the first week, I definitely have to feed the coral still. Glad I kept doing reef roids as it seems LPS in my system really need it. Also I'm not completely sure the Amino system bottle (#3) dosed weekly is enough. As far as color changes nothing really yet but it's the first week still

Setlock13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't noticed a huge difference with color compared to Red Sea which actually bodes well for me. For me there is a large amount of possible error with Red Sea when dosing off testing as my eyes have a hard time discerning the color changes that's required for testing. The testing is also time consuming and can be detailed for some. So far the set dosing amounts from KZ haven't been an issue in my tank.

The big plus I've seen is that my growth in SPS, acans and chalices (which is mainly what I keep in my tank) has been much faster while using KZ. I also have been dosing the LPS amino product every other day and feed the tank reef roids around 3 times a week at most. Like I said above I do not believe the once a week amino dosing from bottle 3 to be enough.

I will try to post some growth shots today comparing from before coral system to now. Although KZ is more expensive I think for ease and decreased user error, it appears to be the better choice for me currently

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't noticed a huge difference with color compared to Red Sea which actually bodes well for me. For me there is a large amount of possible error with Red Sea when dosing off testing as my eyes have a hard time discerning the color changes that's required for testing. The testing is also time consuming and can be detailed for some. So far the set dosing amounts from KZ haven't been an issue in my tank.

The big plus I've seen is that my growth in SPS, acans and chalices (which is mainly what I keep in my tank) has been much faster while using KZ. I also have been dosing the LPS amino product every other day and feed the tank reef roids around 3 times a week at most. Like I said above I do not believe the once a week amino dosing from bottle 3 to be enough.

I will try to post some growth shots today comparing from before coral system to now. Although KZ is more expensive I think for ease and decreased user error, it appears to be the better choice for me currently

The ease of use does sound good to me as well. I think I will give this a try myself. Thanks for the update.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a side note, you can dose the color program from red sea based on the amount of calcium you're dosing.. Takes the irritation away from doing tests. (though I still under-dose a bit; I think their dosage is still aggressive)

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
As a side note, you can dose the color program from red sea based on the amount of calcium you're dosing.. Takes the irritation away from doing tests. (though I still under-dose a bit; I think their dosage is still aggressive)

How would that work? On a 1 for 1 basis (i.e.- 10ml of calcium per day so 10ml of A/B/C/D)?

Setlock13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Before shots

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back