Redsea pro

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I agree with the 1/2 cup. Love this salt- Worth it !!!

giar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any issues with this salt? I've heard of multiple peoples tanks crashing including mine from switching from instant ocean.

caflyfisher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any issues with this salt? I've heard of multiple peoples tanks crashing including mine from switching from instant ocean.
this is the only salt I have ever used so could not speak to any issues....no problems here.

jcollinsks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from instant ocean and did it on 3 tanks, and had no issues at all. I did however use the 50/50 method, 50% instant ocean 50% Red sea pro on the first waterchange.

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if you've been using Red Sea pro over two years you might of got a cup in a bucket. I still have two cups from back then and a bunch of DVDs that never work.
To get the reading that's on the outside of the buck you would use two cups per 5gallons of water (called red sea to find out).

reefingnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're measuring your salt, the bucket says to use 1lb and 6oz for every 5g of water at SG of 1.025. I found that I need 1lb 8ozs to reach that SG. It also could be that I am making tidbit more than 5g. But its very consistent for me.

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does everyone mix per the instructions? Leave water around 68-70, mix around an hour, then pour in? The first time I used it I mixed (and heated) like I always did with my royal nature, stuff was cloudy as milk. Doing my first water change with 70 deg water freaked me out a little, but no ill effects. Matter of fact my goby loves to swim in the "cold" water during the WC.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back