RedSea Reef Care Program with Dos pumps

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been using the red sea reef care program for a bit, and I wanted to spread out my doses throughout the day instead of dumping it all in at one for each part. I was wondering if I needed to keep Foundation A, B, and C in separate dosing reservoirs or if I could/should mix them. I've never used dosing pumps before. I have an Apex, so I could be able to control dosing pumps fairly well.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to Red Sea they says to dose them all separate 10 minutes apart working from C to A.

That is what I was doing by hand now, but once per day for each element I wanted to spread the dose out a bit for each of them. guess I'll have to buy 2 DOS systems to do that since they only do 2 per system.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know. That is my issue too, but right now tank is still young so I won't dosing that often. I'd check Bubble Magus or Pacific Sun's dosing pumps. Or BRS but they would be individual put you could do the timing through Neptune by powering on and off the pump.

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend three BRS dosing pumps. I use eight. They will cost you less, they are accurate and they get the job done. Here is a picture of my dosing system
DSC_0616.JPG

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you just put the whole bottle in there or do you dilute it?

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest the drew's dosers. They're 4 rollers and ~1.5ml/min for better precision.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back