RedSea Reef Foundation users

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping to here from those who are using the entire RedSea Reef Foundation program. I have committed to the entire program. My tank began with the RedSea Reef Mature kit. I am dosing specifically off the parameters through testing so all parts of the program haven't been dosed yet.

Please share your experiences with the program.

Thanks

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea Foundation program sounds similar to other two/three part systems, and I've not heard of peoples experiences with it being significantly different than with other two parts.

Which parts have you been dosing?

With many two part systems, electing to only use part of it isn't often the best plan because it may lead to imbalances in the elements that you are not testing (like chloride/sulfate, potassium, etc.). :)

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I miss labeled what I called it. Red Sea is calling it the Reef Care Program. The foundation is Calcium, Alk, and Magnesium. The Reef Care is the foundation system plus their NoPox for algae management, Reef Energy which is a two part formula and then the Coral Colors which is
Coral Colors ABCD
Complete color supplement intro pack
I2 | K | Fe | Br2 | F2

A – Halogens (I2, Br2, F2)

B – Potassium & Boron

C – Fe & 7 Complementary Metals

D – 18 Bioactive Trace Elements
I cut and paste this from their website because I could never begin to explain it my self.

Currently I am only dosing the Energy product and the KH. My measured levels are leading me to this combo.

Reef Energy A
Red Sea Reef Energy A is a unique formulation of carbohydrates, amino acids, fatty acids and suspended protein flocks which are available for direct consumption and absorption by the corals. The suspension of protein flocks promotes the micro bacterial fauna that naturally populates the coral tissue and will increase mucus production. Every component is utilized in the metabolic processes of coral protein production and soft tissue regeneration and therefore does not introduce any unnecessary organic material to the system.

Reef Energy A stimulates extension of the polyps and soft tissue, helping the coral to optimize nutrient consumption by expanding its surface area for absorption.

Reef Energy B
Red Sea Reef Energy B is a highly concentrated complex of Vitamins & Amino acids that were found to be the limiting factors in the nutritional demands of corals and other invertebrates. This complex replenishes the exact vitamins and MAA (marine amino acids) produced by Zooxanthellae. Vitamins are important precursors in the synthesis of chromo proteins while the amino acids are their building blocks.

All of the components of Reef Energy B come from marine sources and are emulsified in a unique medium that enhances their solubility and absorption of the vitamins and acids by the corals

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, yes, that is a different program than the one I commented on.

I've not used it and really haven't seen much direct feedback on folks using all parts of it, so I can't add much about it except general comments on the utility of the various components.

This is just a pet peeve of mine, but Part A DEFINITELY does not contain F2, and it is odd that they list it that way.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the RS Reef Care Program; however, my comments come with two caveats: I still consider myself a newbie (year and half in to this) and the Red Sea program is the only thing I’ve ever used. So take this with a grain of salt – pun intended!

When it came time to start dosing, I elected to commit to the program as well, simply because it seemed to make sense. In hindsight, I would probably do it differently and more economically (like using Randy’s formulas for dosing as an example) but at this point, I’ve had such success, I’m afraid to change anything.

I do not use the NoPox because, knock on wood, I’ve never had an algae problem. The other thing I’ve found I do not need is the part C – magnesium. My regular water changes keep the mag very stable, so I simply do not need to supplement. I dose the Colors as recommended, but I use the Energy products sparingly and actually a little less than the RS recommendations.

My conclusion: I would probably agree with Randy’s comments above. The research I’ve done also confirms Randy’s suspicions. Not sure there is a significant difference overall between the RS program and others. But as I said, it’s the only program I’ve used and have had great success. Just my opinion, and as with everything else I’ve found in this hobby, ask 10 people one question, and you’ll get 12 answers!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back