OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so much insperaction on this build thread. I can't wait to get into my house and start building my own plywood monster aquarium!

thank you,unfortunately,my tank will be coming down,probably in a few months...we just bought a new home and right now there's nowhere in it for my tank,I do plan to rebuild though,and when I do,I plan for it to be much more energy efficient

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build. BTW my Dad was from Barbourville.
Tom Baker

thank you Tom, we moved recently and my tank is now dry docked, I had to move what critters I could into a 90g tank until I can get my big tank back up and running but I had a blue clove outbreak and a few aiptasia I wanted to rid my tank of anyway, so it was a good time to rebuild and hopefully improve on next time around....

I've got to build a room on for it here and it's gonna be a while but I'll start updating my thread again once I get started on the room, the tank had done incredibly great up until the move though and there's still no signs of any water damage anywhere on the plywood, I'll probably drill a few more holes in it to hide my closed loop plumbing and hopefully this next time I can redo my rock to improve the flow around it and get it up off the sand bed

what was your dads name and where in Barbourville did he live? I'm up in the Kay Jay area about 12 miles southeast of B-ville but we still have the B-ville address

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using the reef radiance leds over this tank because I saw MH lights in the in earlier posts

I was over half of it, we just recently moved and my tank is down right now though...I really need to update my thread LOL

here's some pics from before the move, this is 2 of the DM132e lights on one side with 2x250w 14k Phoenix bulbs in LumenBright pendants and Lumentek e-ballasts on the other side, I still need 2 more LEDs, but it will be a while before my tank is running again

IMG_2986_zpsd6fe7226.jpg

IMG_2989_zps91151ab5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey did you get it back up and running yet man?

no not yet, I'm running a 90g tank right now but it's in terrible shape, I lost most of my livestock during the move so I'm not in a real big hurry now to rebuild, but I'm hoping to get started building a room on this spring just for the 360g, once I have the room, I'll go at the rebuild full speed ahead :)

Awesome ...

thank you :)

rhcpnut1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about the livestock how's the coral at least and you got thinking about this option in the future.

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all the coral I have left are some recordea and a few less attractive zoas and some GSP, all my nice coral is gone...

I'm not really sure what I'll have for coral but I'll likely stay with a mixed reef, once my tank is back up and I'm ready for coral again, I'm gonna be a lot more selective and stay away from the rapid spreading stuff like GSP and blue clove polyps LOL

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was really depressing loosing so many of my critters, some of my fish I'd had since before I built the 360, those were priceless to me, I was about ready to just drain the 90 and give up on reefing, I just let it go without doing any maintenance and it shows, I have a forest of algae in there

I have since started cleaning the 90 back up and added a few new fish plus I ordered a new clean up crew today from live aquaria, once I get it looking a little more presentable, I'll post up some pics of it....maybe I'll have a few nice fish ready for a bigger home when the bigger home is ready :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back