Reef 2 Reef Spotlight?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually a couple of mods have been working on this and should be ready in a day or two! :D

Thanks! :D

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd like to know what our members would like to see, as far as a spotlight.

why do we have to make all the decisions around here....lol :rolleyes:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF there is something that the members want to see please post here in this thread a coral or maybe a species of coral that you guys/gals want to see a spotlight made out of.....Thanks for bringing up the subject Questin.....

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are soo many "hot" corals right now you could really do it on most lps right now - chalice, favia/favites, micros/acans, scolys etc. I would like to see one on chalice care and the diff types. It is a coral I am starting to get some pieces of and I notice some of them look very similar and other look very diff. Also zoas and palys. So many people are mistaken (imo) that they are beginner corals. And while some are there are some that can be very difficult to keep. You could even do a spotlight on a species of popular fish like wrasse fairy and flasher. There are just soo many options the list is really endless. Plus there are soo many people here that have extensive knowledge in one field or another it should be pretty easy to put it together. I look forward to seeing it.

Hope some of that helps!

OP
OP
Questin

Questin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Spotlights in the past were on Zoanthids, and I think that information is still very important. Some Zoanthids grow in anything, and then you have others that seem to like just low light but higher then normal flow. If I spend $5 to $20 per polyp on Zoanthids, I want to know how to make them grow. I have some Candy Apple Pinks that grow slow, slower than anything I have in the tank, and I want to know what’s up with those and how to get them to grow faster. Then there are Zoanthids that have no ID that I am starting to see. It’s hard to have a spotlight on them, but the truth is that a spotlight would help a Zoanthid like that along. It would be the type of thing that would end up naming the zoanthid and giving it a jump start in the hobby. I have 3 different Zoanthids that are like this now.

But I want to know a TON more about Lords and all those like the Lords. I want to know if they can grow together like Zoanthids, or if they need to stay away from other Lords because they will get stung. What type of light and flow do they need, why do they cost so much, and why is Australia all of the sudden allow coral export? I think this would be a great spotlight, it would explain the surge in interest in these corals and would allow the Reef community here to become more educated and not get taken by online vendors or LFS over the price of them. =)

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back