Reef Safe Cures - anyone ??

RWS6605

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just when you think it can’t get worse. (See my build thread for that story). Tonight I noticed a couple spots on my flame angle. Small, circle orb like spots. Hoping it isnt anything and hoping I just haven’t seen them..but with my last few months of issues it wouldn’t surprise me..here is to hoping.

So this is a general question. Anyone have success with treating ich in a reef tank? I know all the rules on QTing and don’t really need that lecture, please and thank you. Consider it research while I continue to watch it and try to come up with a QT method. I don’t have any extra equipment. I have all the original QT meds from when I first set up my tanks and did qts but we all know those are not reef safe. But my old qt tank is now my rock flower garden. That is not the tank in question though. So just putting out feelers to see if anyone has actual success story of doing a reef tank cure?

really not looking forward to trying to catch these fish..... I thought maybe I could remove my cleanup crews and BTA and treat the tank that way, but then there is the rock/sand to deal with and leeching of copper after treatment.... nope not an option.
Anyway....just looking for experience if any. Good or bad!

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, the only way to actually treat ich is quarantine with copper, hyposalinity, or TTM, then fallow the DT for 76 days.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back