Reef Tank 365 - New For 2023

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefcentral j/k did anyone here on R2R ever get anywhere on ReefCentral? So glad I'm here now! I've been here many years and still have no complaints. #ReefTank365 #reefsquad
Actually I have a thread in the seagrass/macroalgae topic. I learned a lot about the needs of marine plants and macros there and the other posters were very kind and encouraging to me.

That was good because way back when I first got on forums I accidently committed an infraction and got kicked off because I was not forum etiquette savvy. (My son was always selling and trading coral on the local part of RC. So I decided to sell some live rock but didn't know what the going rate was so hadn't posted a price, which was against the rules. Then I asked what was a fair price so I could post a price and the moderator kicked me off, not permanently). I was hurt and humiliated and did not post on any forum for almost a decade because of that. Fortunately my RC experience much later has been good, so I just accept it as a misunderstanding of the moderator not knowing that older folks don't always understand online things the way younger folks do.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I have a thread in the seagrass/macroalgae topic. I learned a lot about the needs of marine plants and macros there and the other posters were very kind and encouraging to me.

That was good because way back when I first got on forums I accidently committed an infraction and got kicked off because I was not forum etiquette savvy. (My son was always selling and trading coral on the local part of RC. So I decided to sell some live rock but didn't know what the going rate was so hadn't posted a price, which was against the rules. Then I asked what was a fair price so I could post a price and the moderator kicked me off, not permanently). I was hurt and humiliated and did not post on any forum for almost a decade because of that. Fortunately my RC experience much later has been good, so I just accept it as a misunderstanding of the moderator not knowing that older folks don't always understand online things the way younger folks do.
I got booted from that place idk how many times haha! I couldn’t say hi without a mod running a back ground check and asking for finger prints, ip addy, phone number, credit card number hahahahaha. It was crazy over there! I came here and was a mod for many years when r2r was up and coming! I took a long break but I’m back and it seems to have grown quiet well! I don’t even know what happened to rc but it appears to be gone.. :)

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to be featured been getting back very into the hobby!

Tank was started August of 2018, but had a big crash January of 2022 after a prolonged power outage. Just now hitting stride again

It is a 4' x 2' x 2' 120 gallon aquarium with a 33 gallon sump and a 20 gallon external refugium.

Here's a FTS:
20230205_233438.jpg

And here is a link to my build thread:

Look forward to seeing people there and continuing to grow in the hobby!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got booted from that place idk how many times haha! I couldn’t say hi without a mod running a back ground check and asking for finger prints, ip addy, phone number, credit card number hahahahaha. It was crazy over there! I came here and was a mod for many years when r2r was up and coming! I took a long break but I’m back and it seems to have grown quiet well! I don’t even know what happened to rc but it appears to be gone.. :)
They are still around but new folks running it now. It is much kinder in my opinion. They revamped it from the ground up so you can't get there from the old links however. I would think those would direct you to the new site

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for re-posting but somehow the link to my build there disappeared and the edit option is not there anymore

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm excited to see and draw inspiration from all of these beautiful systems! Let's do this thang!

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll shoot my shot here, too.

260 gallon TSV, 180 gallon DT
Got wet on 02 January 2021

(Sorry for the crumby pics-- I have to work on my photography skills)

There's a recent video walk through of the system that gives a much better view on my build thread.

20230215_090220.jpg 20230215_090235.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not to be impatient but any idea how long does it take to get the badge? :p
ReefTank365 is awarded every weekend. If your tank is featured the badge will be awarded within a few days :) Thank you for your entry!

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am assuming that this is still going on, correct? ok well so i would like to enter my tank BUT... can you do multipul entries of the same tank? i am assuming not, so i might wait till i get more coral

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i am assuming that this is still going on, correct? ok well so i would like to enter my tank BUT... can you do multipul entries of the same tank? i am assuming not, so i might wait till i get more coral
It is absolutely going :) 1 entry is all you need plus you don't need to have a crazy coral tank to be featured :) All tanks are welcome. Usually this is geared towards tanks that have been up and running for close to a year but every tank is welcome to be entered and be featured!

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok... last questions. will every tank that is entered get a badge? and do have to enter here?
Not necessarily but I will tell you that everyone who enters and haven't had the award yet, have a very high chance of being featured and to receive the ReefTank365 Badge :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back