Reefer 750xxl with triton

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone got a question i am getting ready to upgrade to the 750xxl and am going to be doing the triton method and i see they are calling for 10x turnover now i see a few people before on the forums saying they have abyzz pumps and m1s and they can not get turn over more then 600-850 is their anything to do to increase this i saw a few people saying changing the overflow pipe size to 1" is this possible? Has anyone els run into this problem or know their flow rate?

Kevin Duprey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm running a Triton system with my RSR 525 XL. I have a COR-20 main pump pushing 1750 l/hr through a Neptune flow meter at 100%, and a second pump pushing 450 l/hr through my UV sterilizer for a total sump turnover of 4X. Not sure I'd want too much more. My chaeto is growing profusely, and my Nitrate and Phosphate are pretty stable despite a lot of fat and happy fish in there, and no water changes in a few months. I've recently had a significant uptick in dosing as everything is growing well in the tank. I often wonder if Triton's advise is based on setting your pump theoretical rating at 10X turnover knowing that with head loss, etc. you'll end up at 4X-5X real flow. Granted, Neptune rates the COR-20 at 7570 l/hr (2000 g/hr), so I'm above the 10X at zero head, but I always take the mfg. pump rating with a grain of salt (especially with DC). I wouldn't obsess over the 10X flow through the sump just for Triton. If you have another reason for wanting 10X flow through the sump, then continue to seek other answers. I'll be interested to see where this goes.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 56 53.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back