Reefer in North Jersey that can drill a nano?

seancc317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm looking to start a nano for my room but would like to get it drilled for a nice aesthetic and to have a small fuge and sump. I am in North Jersey (Union County) and would like to see if anyone locally has experience with drilling nanos and is willing to do so for a price of course. The tank is a Mr. Aqua 17 gallon rimless. Please let me know. Pm me if you want. Thanks!

OP
OP
S

seancc317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have the tools or know-how. And since I'm a low budget reefer, a mess-up isn't an option.

russo36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm looking to start a nano for my room but would like to get it drilled for a nice aesthetic and to have a small fuge and sump. I am in North Jersey (Union County) and would like to see if anyone locally has experience with drilling nanos and is willing to do so for a price of course. The tank is a Mr. Aqua 17 gallon rimless. Please let me know. Pm me if you want. Thanks!
I'm in central jersey... Maybe 20m from you.... Is your tank glass? Is it temper? Also what do you want to drill? The sides or bottom? Let me know... Maybe I can help... For acrylic I have any size hole u need... For glass I have I believe an 1"1/4 for one inch plubming

OP
OP
S

seancc317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in central jersey... Maybe 20m from you.... Is your tank glass? Is it temper? Also what do you want to drill? The sides or bottom? Let me know... Maybe I can help... For acrylic I have any size hole u need... For glass I have I believe an 1"1/4 for one inch plubming

It is glass. Don't even know what tempered means lol. Want to drill bottom for outflow and return.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sean, I see you want to drill the bottom glass. What overflow kit are you using?

With that size tank, I would highly recommend a Glass-Holes nano overflow kit. They are very small….take up very little room compared to a conventional corner overflow. In addition, the kit comes with everything, including the drill bit. Can’t beat Glass-Holes

russo36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sean, I see you want to drill the bottom glass. What overflow kit are you using?

With that size tank, I would highly recommend a Glass-Holes nano overflow kit. They are very small….take up very little room compared to a conventional corner overflow. In addition, the kit comes with everything, including the drill bit.
Can’t beat Glass-Holes
This sounds like great advice Sean... The bit that I have might b too big for your tank.... I drilled a 120 w it and I drilled the sides since I hate the corner overflow look because it takes room from the tank

philr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont believe tempered glass can be drilled. Most tanks under 20g are not manufactured with tempered glass. Best to contact the mfg they can tell you for sure.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont believe tempered glass can be drilled. Most tanks under 20g are not manufactured with tempered glass. Best to contact the mfg they can tell you for sure.

Tempered glass cannot be drilled....it would shatter into thousands of pieces. However, to the best of my knowledge Mr. Aqua tanks are not tempered. If in doubt, either contact the manufacturer or use a pair of polarized sunglasses and a video screen to test temper.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back