Reefer Matt's YouTube Vids

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Reefers! I will be posting all my future videos on this thread. This week's video is about some tank problems and updates. Hopefully I can get things turned around! Take care, and Happy Reefing! #reefermatt

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
By the way, these videos are here just to share my reefing journey. I don't make anything off them, or want to. I'm just a Reefer with a channel.
And here's an update to this week's video:
I Woke up this morning to an Apex alarm for high temp. Again! I checked the tank, and turned off the uv sterilizer and pump. I'm starting to think I have a pump issue, as this is a Harbor Freight pond pump. :grimacing-face:
If it is the problem, that's what I get for cutting corners. I am ordering a proper new pump tonight.
*I took the pump and uv apart. UV housing is starting to leak. Gonna replace both pump and uv sterilizer.
Screenshot_20230716-065555~2.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
looks great, love the softie/zoa tank, beautiful DT too
Thank you! I'm going to add more zoas and lps coral to the 36 gallon soon. So many to choose from... :thinking-face:

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here's this week's video! I had some issues with a fish, but luckily the fish pros here at R2R helped point me in the right direction!

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yep like the y tube channel you need to do a joint video with @Sleeping Giant if he’s up for it that would be some video . You have amazing tanks and his A class also
Thanks! I just make vids on my spare time to share reefing. Not looking to be a "YouTuber" or anything. But if I could figure out how to do something like that, maybe someday. I make all the vids on my phone for now.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! I just make vids on my spare time to share reefing. Not looking to be a "YouTuber" or anything. But if I could figure out how to do something like that, maybe someday. I make all the vids on my phone for now.
I am only joking sleeping giant he’s a good bloke . No your videos are good full of info some stunning fish and corals and frags . Hope your keeping well over that side of the pond

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am only joking sleeping giant he’s a good bloke . No your videos are good full of info some stunning fish and corals and frags . Hope your keeping well over that side of the pond
Thanks! Hope you're good as well!
Getting there. Got the reef tanks in the right direction, and now I have a plan for the flukes on the new fish. Gotta love reefing! But, if everything went fine everyday, it would be awfully boring! :grinning-squinting-face:

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If I were you; consider it/don’t rule it out…heck if for nothing else: sponsorship = free gear …
maybe Get enough views, who knows

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If I were you; consider it/don’t rule it out…heck if for nothing else: sponsorship = free gear …
maybe Get enough views, who knows
It's temping for sure. But I am dedicated to helping and learning from other Reefers. I think there are enough people posing with reef tank gear on there, and I would like to stay authentic to myself, and anyone who chooses to watch. Plus, the channel will most likely stay small, because I don't put on a show. :grinning-squinting-face:

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Yep like the y tube channel you need to do a joint video with @Sleeping Giant if he’s up for it that would be some video . You have amazing tanks and his A class also
I'm far from ever doing videos with my face on them lol I'm great at watching that's for sure

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 31 20.7%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 53 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back