Reefer weir connection question

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am going to run a remote sump on my new reefer 300XL and would like to keep the original pipework unchanged just in case I want to make it a standalone system again. Where would I source the correct fitting to connect 32mm and 25mm pipework to the pipes that pass through the weir and into the cabinet? I think they are RS but any ideas where I could source perfect parts to make this seamless? I am in the UK so vendors that supply here would be ideal.
Many thanks in advance.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I be right in thinking that will no replies this is going to be a lot harder than I first thought...? I’ll maybe need to order a new set of pipes for it and butcher these ones.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So from Red Sea themselves they have special RS fitting made for them that the general public can't source...Not ideal.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in the UK you should be able to use the metric plumbing available to you, purchase some metric unions and cut the overflow plumbing JUST low enough under the tank itself to accept the union. Then if you ever want to put the sump back under the cabinet you can just use union fittings on the sump plumbing to re-attach it to the plumbing that comes from the overflow.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back