Reefers and Fans of LED Unite!

evilc66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take a read here
How to stop Orbitec from continuing with their overreaching and broad patent
As a community, we need to find more evidence to blow holes in their patent claims. It's out there, and a lot of it has already been found (and used in the original PFO litigation), but I'm sure there is more. We need to find magazine or web articles, forum entries, pictures, lab tests, anything. The date is important though. These items must have shown up before December 2004 (the time of filing of the patent).

Now keep in mind that this is not just important for commercial companies developing LED lighting solutions, but for every reefer that wants to DIY an LED setup. While the likely hood of Orbitech going after the DIYers is slim, they can still target you for a lawsuit. Any device built that infringes on the patent, commercial or not, is a target. Even if they don't go after the DIYers, they could go after the companies that resell DIY components for the specific purpose of reef lighting. This affects everyone.

What I would like anyone who finds anything to do, is submit it to Reefbuilders, and post it here as a backup. I will also be posting this on other forums that I frequent to get the same results. The more ammunition that we have just makes the case stronger on getting the patent thrown out.

I know that there are a lot of you that are active on forums that I am not. If you would be so kind as to copy this thread and post it on other sites, and link them here.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back