Reefing On Crutches

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I broke my foot during my honeymoon and am on crutches and in a boot for an unknown period of time. We haven't been able to schedule an appointment with an orthopedist yet. Just know from xrays it is 'very obviously broken'.

Carrying anything while on crutches is challenging and I was wondering if anyone who has reefed on crutches have any suggestions to help make the next, most likely, 6-8 weeks a bit easier to manage when it comes to reefing.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would invest in some long hoses and a pump or 2 and get rid of any necessary bucket carrying.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sadly I broke my foot during my honeymoon and am on crutches and in a boot for an unknown period of time. We haven't been able to schedule an appointment with an orthopedist yet. Just know from xrays it is 'very obviously broken'.

Carrying anything while on crutches is challenging and I was wondering if anyone who has reefed on crutches have any suggestions to help make the next, most likely, 6-8 weeks a bit easier to manage when it comes to reefing.
Seems like a really good time to get your sweetheart to help a little bit! Also, in most instances, an ATO will be helpful.

OP
OP
S

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a really good time to get your sweetheart to help a little bit! Also, in most instances, an ATO will be helpful.
Yea, she is ready to help and a bit excited to help, but I also know she won't be able to do everything. Luckily we do have an ato. I try to get as much tank work done on lunch so we have more time together when she gets home from work.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea, she is ready to help and a bit excited to help, but I also know she won't be able to do everything. Luckily we do have an ato. I try to get as much tank work done on lunch so we have more time together when she gets home from work.
Love that! These next few weeks will go by quickly. Water changes are great but as long as you keep track of parameters should not be a major issue to skip for a bit as long as you’re maintaining parameters otherwise.

I have a large system and do most of the water changes (when I do them which is not frequently) myself.

I might invest in two gallon containers of weight is a concern and casters for the storage brute. Those have been very helpful to reduce that sort of issue.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk.. you have a broken foot, I got a feeling you're going to be doing everything slowly..
Gotta ask, how'd you hurt your foot?

OP
OP
S

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk.. you have a broken foot, I got a feeling you're going to be doing everything slowly..
Gotta ask, how'd you hurt your foot?
Yea, I am slow and loud on these crutches.

It was our first full dat at the resort and I was playing pool volleyball while my wife chatted with someone who's husband was also playing. I jumped up, landed on the side of my foot, rolled my ankle, and since my ankle didn't hurt I kept playing. My foot started hurting more, but I pushed through the pain and spent way too much time walking on it. After a few days of crutches and canceled excursions we decided to head home early and will do a honeymoon v2 later this year.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im currently in a boot, transitioned from crutches. I got a little rolling thing from amazon to put under my buckets and was able to push it with my knee on my bad foot side to the tank. I have a pump used to pump the new water into the tank. Way easier if you are able to stand in the boot, if not I used a chair to sit in when I was on crutches. Mag float for the tank cleaning too!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 114 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back