Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 39 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 182 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 20 6.4%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

There are plenty of reef themed t-shirts available as well as reef-brand t-shirts. Whether it is from your local fish store, an online giveaway, a Reef2Reef drawing, or a reef convention like Reef-a-Palooza, there are many ways to get reef clothing such as hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and more. It may be that reef shirt that you were to buy a new fish or coral at the local fish store, getting ready for a convention, doing water changes, wearing it out around town, or just for sleeping or washing your car. Whatever the reason for putting it on, do you wear gear from reef brands?

GlassCages_Tshirt.png

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

DinkinsLogo.png

“Dinkins Aquatic Gardens specializes in producing top-quality copepods, phytoplankton, amphipods, and berghia nudibranchs. We are a small husband-and-wife company that intensely focuses on customer service. We'd love to have you experience the Dinkins Difference!"

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will kick off the other category with it's first vote....I have gotten a bunch of free shirts over the years, not one of them fits. Most shirts given out max at 2x, a few at 3x. I am 6'5 and need tall cuts that vendors/brands just don't carry. I will say though that @Bulk Reef Supply @WWC and Waterbox all make some nice soft shirts as all that have been given to me are now night time shirts for my wife and daughter as they love how soft they are.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Years ago you got a t shirt in Reef Crystals buckets.
I wore those t shirts a few times to lfs's and other reefers houses.
But haven't in a long while.

Maybe when someone comes out with a carhartt pocket t shirt with another logo,,,,,,

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a free hoodie from @Dinkins Aquatic Gardens when they accidentally forgot to send me a free close out t-shirt. I've been wearing that hoodie all the time around the house and casually on the weekends. Love it. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got a free hoodie from @Dinkins Aquatic Gardens when they accidentally forgot to send me a free close out t-shirt. I've been wearing that hoodie all the time around the house and casually on the weekends. Love it. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
i believe they're having a event at RAP if you wear their merch and visit their booth. make sure to visit them @ their booth wearing their merch!

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago you got a t shirt in Reef Crystals buckets.
I wore those t shirts a few times to lfs's and other reefers houses.
But haven't in a long while.

Maybe when someone comes out with a carhartt pocket t shirt with another logo,,,,,,
I think I still have a reef crystals shirt or two

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wore my GlassCages shirt to Reefapolloza this year. But Dalua convinced me to wear their shirt after I visited their booth. I did have my TTwT and Thinking Dinkin's tshirts with me to wear.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems foolish to pay another and advertise for them. Perhaps those wanting to promote their business through hobbyist should consider giving their clothing to said hobbyist. 80s Nike suits taught me that. Nike likely made millions off fools thinking it was cool dressing like an athlete at the mall :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

marinesnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I wear them if they have a cool design and not just to promote the brand. For example I wear the borbonious anthias WWC one as much as my other everyday shirts. Plus it glows when I'm around my tank :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

1714158077081.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make it a point not to be a walking billboard for advertising.

I rarely wear any clothing with writing on them. The exception is I have quite a few hoodies of the different military squadrons and battalions I've served in.
Thank you for your service!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back