Reefmat troubleshoot

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reefmat500 has not advanced in a while. I notice water was not coming out from the sides. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong ? I tried turning up the water drain but it still will not rise up

IMG_2169.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check for a possibly rip in the fleece?
I rechecked everything and it looks good. Probably my 4th roll and I've used and this time its rarely advancing. Normally a roll would last me 2 months and at this rate it might last me a year

flfrosty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to tell from the photo but water is flowing into the reef mat chamber? The water looks a little dirty like it is stagnating?

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to tell from the photo but water is flowing into the reef mat chamber? The water looks a little dirty like it is stagnating?
yeah its flowing and yes it looks stagnant. Probably the reason why the fleece isnt advancing as much.

flfrosty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, where is the sensor installed? On the other side? Have you tried pressing the advance button to make sure the gears are working, etc?

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, where is the sensor installed? On the other side? Have you tried pressing the advance button to make sure the gears are working, etc?
Yeah the gears are working . I should’ve took a video. Can’t get out of bed right now , might wake up the beast next to me.

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I rechecked everything and it looks good. Probably my 4th roll and I've used and this time its rarely advancing. Normally a roll would last me 2 months and at this rate it might last me a year
Ok, I had a similar issue and I made a silly mistake and ran the fleece under the bottom piece instead of sandwiching it. Caused it to tear and allow water to flow right through. Unfortunately yours isn't that simple I guess. I'll keep scratching the noggin.... only other thing I could think of right now is a flow problem which you said you have good flow through it.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I had a similar issue and I made a silly mistake and ran the fleece under the bottom piece instead of sandwiching it. Caused it to tear and allow water to flow right through. Unfortunately yours isn't that simple I guess. I'll keep scratching the noggin.... only other thing I could think of right now is a flow problem which you said you have good flow through it.
This made me double check the fleece I’m such a dummy and I also found a penny in there because of my son . I put the fleece under the bottom piece like you did. Hopefully this will fix the issue. Thank you !

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 21

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well worst case we were able to prevent copper from leaching. Hopefully the correct installation get you back to normal! It was definitely a dumb moment for me too.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back