ReefnBid.com Beta Release is now Live

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefnBid.com officially launches today.​

We're excited to introduce the first beta release of ReefnBid.com, a dynamic auction platform focusing solely on the reef aquarium hobby. With features tailored to both sellers and buyers, ReefnBid.com aims to revolutionize the way hobbyists interact, buy, and sell online.

For release notes and to learn about the new site, check out New features in this Release (v1.0.0)

For inquiries, feedback, and support, please contact [email protected]. Thank you.

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the current top 4 auctions with the most bids already!

IMG_3875.PNG

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New site looks great... I don't know if there is another avenue for suggestions but it may be productive to have people discuss here.

Here are some of my suggestions:

-Show seconds remaining and have it live update when you click a coral. Currently it only shows 1d: 11h: 34m for example.

-The "bid successfully placed" message (in the upper right hand corner) is a bit cumbersome/annoying in my opinion, especially if you place a lot of bids at once. It takes a bit for the messages to disappear, and prevents you/blocks you from clicking on icons it covers. Maybe make it disappear faster or have it appear another way.

-On the main page, when you place a bid, it does not "auto update" that item. I.e. POTO hellraiser is currently 18. I pressed "bid" and the number still shows as 18. Would be nice if it instantly updated the price on the main page.

-Sort by... I see the sort by function sorts by buy-out price. This is very useful, but IMO it would be a nice feature to sort by current bid as well.

Overall the new site looks very good and I wish you guys success.

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New site looks great... I don't know if there is another avenue for suggestions but it may be productive to have people discuss here.

Here are some of my suggestions:

-Show seconds remaining and have it live update when you click a coral. Currently it only shows 1d: 11h: 34m for example. (This will be the case when the time gets down to an hour. Reason is for resource saving. Imagine having thousand instances of timer ticking)

-The "bid successfully placed" message (in the upper right hand corner) is a bit cumbersome/annoying in my opinion, especially if you place a lot of bids at once. It takes a bit for the messages to disappear, and prevents you/blocks you from clicking on icons it covers. Maybe make it disappear faster or have it appear another way. (You can also click on the message to make it go away. But I understand what you mean. Will look into it).

-On the main page, when you place a bid, it does not "auto update" that item. I.e. POTO hellraiser is currently 18. I pressed "bid" and the number still shows as 18. Would be nice if it instantly updated the price on the main page. (That was a bug. Should be fixed now. If you still see it please let me know).

-Sort by... I see the sort by function sorts by buy-out price. This is very useful, but IMO it would be a nice feature to sort by current bid as well. (Good idea. I'll see if we can implement this).

Overall the new site looks very good and I wish you guys success.

Thank you for the comments! Please see my comment inline in green. You can also email us at [email protected] with feedback. Appreciate all the feedback!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this anything you can do, but here’s what I found so far using my phone.

The adblockers I use in Safari completely block your site from loading. While I can whitelist it, may just be something to look into (not sure which blocker is being triggered by your site though).

When clicking on “Become a Seller” it loads into google docs. No huge issue from me but some may look at this as not the most secure transaction even with limited info being collected.

I don’t see the ability to “watch” items. Is that coming out or did I overlook it?

Not sure what options sellers have, but I do enjoy the make offer option sellers can give to watchers on EBay.

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this anything you can do, but here’s what I found so far using my phone.

The adblockers I use in Safari completely block your site from loading. While I can whitelist it, may just be something to look into (not sure which blocker is being triggered by your site though).

When clicking on “Become a Seller” it loads into google docs. No huge issue from me but some may look at this as not the most secure transaction even with limited info being collected.

I don’t see the ability to “watch” items. Is that coming out or did I overlook it?

Not sure what options sellers have, but I do enjoy the make offer option sellers can give to watchers on EBay.

Can you send me a screenshot of when it gets blocked so it can help us debug? Email screenshot to [email protected] please.

The google doc is temporary. We have a seller signup workflow that involves integration with Stripe, which requires seller to input even more informations. But the seller functionality isn't complete and the google doc is to gather interest temporarily.

You can click on the eye icon to watch.
1693509679521.png

Here's a video of a brief walk-through of the site:

We have a lot of features still to implement and the make offer option is one on the list! Thanks for providing valuable feedback!

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please note that we are aware of an Auto-pay issue charging people the wrong amount. Rest assure that we are on top of it and will issue refund in those cases that warrants it. I apologize for this inconvenience.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back