Refugium light (More PAR)

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about boosting up my PAR on my refugium. Looking at kessil h160 and the AI refugium light.
I already have a light that works, but thinking about boosting PAR to out compete some algae growth that I started getting in display that I cant seem to kick.

What are your thoughts on these 2, and any word on them if you are using them.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you stop running it for any reason. I'm seeing some say they burn out after 2 years

Blade*13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the AI Freshwater over my fuge for a few months. Worked great and put out a ton of light
did you notice any weird light output issues, ive read some reviews that claimed that the light would be brighter on one end of the light

Tritie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about boosting up my PAR on my refugium. Looking at kessil h160 and the AI refugium light.
I already have a light that works, but thinking about boosting PAR to out compete some algae growth that I started getting in display that I cant seem to kick.

What are your thoughts on these 2, and any word on them if you are using them.
My Kessil H160 fuge burned out after 1.5 years on half intensity. I don't think the slots all around are good for the sump where there is high moisture. It's no longer under warranty for me and they cannot guarantee repair. They have offered to give me a discount on a new unit, but I wouldn't put another one in the sump area.

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the AI fuge light for about 2 years with no issues. If what you're using now is growing Chaeto you can try to increase the light cycle and see if that starts out competing the tank that was the only way I could.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up buying reefbrite lumi bright light. This thing rocks! Algae production went way up and is starting to fill out refugium and algae in the tank is reducing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back