Regal Angel pair

Greg’s_525xl-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish, but as many have stated, they can be hit or miss. Pretty hardy once established though. I know a few people that have tried for years to get one to survive and have been unsuccessful. Like with most beauties...be prepared to have your heart broken.....

OP
OP
code4

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are nice looking fish. I’d like to get one.

To be honest these may be my last. I received a large one from Live Aquaria, took over 8 weeks for it to starve to death. In the end I put it out of its misery. I ordered a medium since the larger ones often only eat sponges. This one would eat only live sponge. Very heart breaking. I tried everything, and often. Live clams, oysters and mussels daily. A mixture of almost every frozen food imaginable. And flake food. Mastik daily. Only thing that happened was I had hundreds of bristle worms. I even put both adult mollies and baby ones in the tank. It neither learned to eat from the adults or ate the babies. I was very upset with Live Aquaria about sending such a large fish. The next one I bought was on Divers Den, and stated it was eating well and only 2 3/4inches. I next bought another medium, this one not a yellow belly. But I have found that I like it just as much as the yellow belly one.

Last edited:

Greg’s_525xl-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are. Another good reason to do your homework before getting one. And make sure you are ready to handle any emergency.
And for the fish that has the better handling during capture you pay more (Red Sea and Maldives or Fiji). Indonesian ones are cheaper, but poorer survival rate.

I went with a Red Sea from NYAquatic. He sent me a video of him eating before I perchased. He was so ravenous and fat I was willing to take the chance ordering without being close to the fish.

OP
OP
code4

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree seeing the fish eating is a good indicator of how it will do in captivity.

I have read time and again that the Indonesian ones have a lower survival rate. But I have to say the one I have was eating from day one. And it was around 4 inches in length. I am curious if the care and handling from Indonesia has improved. The smaller one I have is an orange one from Maldives. The Indonesian one is always first in line at feeding time.

OP
OP
code4

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E4A29EC2-935E-4E57-9EE3-C007318B7FA8.jpeg

This is the larger one.

OP
OP
code4

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is quite a bit of food floating in the tank. Seems they are camera shy and I had to bribe them with food for the pictures. ;)

OP
OP
code4

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^
Thanks! First time being able to post their photos on here also. Lots of firsts for me.

Shelley

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back