Removing Leveling feet from Red Sea Xl 350?

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a new to me aka used XL350. I water tested it in my garage and all the seams look good and I’m ready to transfer it into my living room. I did notice that about 3 of the leveling feet were missing. Would it be better to just remove the leveling feet all together and just shim up the stand or put the tank stand on a foam matt? Has anyone removed the feet off their reefer? I also want to remove them so dust and dog hair doesn’t build up under it over time since it will be off the ground about an inch.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a new to me aka used XL350. I water tested it in my garage and all the seams look good and I’m ready to transfer it into my living room. I did notice that about 3 of the leveling feet were missing. Would it be better to just remove the leveling feet all together and just shim up the stand or put the tank stand on a foam matt? Has anyone removed the feet off their reefer? I also want to remove them so dust and dog hair doesn’t build up under it over time since it will be off the ground about an inch.
I don't think I would risk either method if I'm being honest. the shims could potentially warp over time due to the salt water splashing during w/c time and accidents happening. even without any accidents happening thats a possibility . the foam pad would worry me because that could trap moisture in under the cabinet leading to problems down the road. id imagine that all 4 sides of the stand on a foam matt would leave far more room for error vs the 4 points of directional contact that the red sea feet will provide. me personally id much rather hold off for a few weeks and get the feet shipped out to avoid any terrible accidents. if something did occur within the 3 yr period and red sea needed pics of the setup as is I'm sure that would void the warranty leaving you in trouble. the legs are very nice and they look good. They made it super easy to level the whole system out without any doubts. that's my own opinion id just hate to hear something bad happened later on.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back