Repair clownfish

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a loose bond between my female blood orange (Natalie) and male ocellaris (French guy) so I move him out of the tank to my nano. He was showing the typical signs of submission (wiggles) but wasn't getting much food and the female ignored him and prevented him from eating. I ended up getting a very small maroon who I introduced through a breeder box to Natalie but every time I let them swim together she beat the small maroon to a pulp. The maroon has never shown any indication of submission or mating. I decided to move Natalie to my frag tank temporarily and put the new maroon into the display to swim around and placed my male French Guy in my main display in the breeder box. A few hours later I see the maroon in the breeder box (egg crate and zip ties) and didn't see aggression and they were happily swimming next to each other. I removed the maroon but it immediately swam right back into the egg crate cage.

A little confused about pairing and the sex change thing. I know French Guy is a male as he has only been in the nano tank for about a week before moving him back. The maroon never showed any mating behavior with the blood orange and hasn't with the male ocellaris but they seem to get along. Any idea what could be going on? Was my tiny maroon a female and is trying to pair with the male ocellaris? I know cross species mated pairs are tough but I am a rule breaker. Not sure if attempting this will end in blood shed...
IMG_2679.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back