Return pump/Overflow -- Power outage/Loss of siphon concern

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posts with the emergency tag typically get answered ASAP because if not, then some sort of loss will occur. These posts get prioritized accordingly. If the situation isn't immediately dire, you may be taking attention away from someone else that needs immediate help. Sometime down the road, that may be you who needs immediate help but cannot get it in time. Everyone has their own opinion of what is an emergency, but the lines aren't all that blurry imo.

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in your house you don’t have a fire alarm or fire extinguisher because you run on the assumption that it’s a hypothetical situation, got it.
If I came out of my house shouting that I had an emergency, then told you that there was no fire I just wanted advice about what to do if there was a fire. You might disagree that I was having an emergency.

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debatable, thousands of dollars of house damage caused by an overflowing tank to me warrants and emergency. I'm new to tank building so this is a concern of mine. Thanks for your input.
Clearly the OP doesn’t understand what the emergency tag is for this site. Asked on the number of posts, I think he’s new here.

To the OP.
Emergency tags are for when tanks are crashing or fish are dying right now. Not hypothetical emergencies. Stop arguing with everyone that is trying to explain this to you. Just say you understand and don’t do it again. Pretty simple.

Edit, I see this was just explained. Apologies for the redundancy. Nevertheless, maybe it explained to the OP again will help it sink in better.

OP
OP
E

Enzo14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I came out of my house shouting that I had an emergency, then told you that there was no fire I just wanted advice about what to do if there was a fire. You might disagree that I was having an emergency

Clearly the OP doesn’t understand what the emergency tag is for this site. Asked on the number of posts, I think he’s new here.

To the OP.
Emergency tags are for when tanks are crashing or fish are dying right now. Not hypothetical emergencies. Stop arguing with everyone that is trying to explain this to you. Just say you understand and don’t do it again. Pretty simple.

Edit, I see this was just explained. Apologies for the redundancy. Nevertheless, maybe it explained to the OP again will help it sink in better.
Okay to be clear, I’m not trying to be argumentative. There are plenty of posts that I had referenced that have used “emergency” that bared non emergency questions under your standards listed that I used prior to posting mine. I will keep that in mind. My questions were answered by other people without any issues. We can agree to disagree on what actually is an emergency on plenty different aspects. Like I said I will keep that in mind for the future and I did not intentionally post because I believed my concerns were above all.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other.

Back