Review: AquaMaxx HF-M Filter/Skimmer Unit

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those like myself who have aquariums of 60 gallons or less and no room for a sump, the AquaMaxx HF-M filter/skimmer combine is a really great filtration system. It comes with some biological filter media and has a large compartment which may be used as a refugium or additional biological filtration. I am thoroughly pleased with the unit's operation; the skimmer works great on my 60 gallon.

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2138.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good feedback - thanks for sharing! How long have you had the Aquamaxx system? Have you noticed any changes in your water parameters?

OP
OP
Clownfish_Boy

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good feedback - thanks for sharing! How long have you had the Aquamaxx system? Have you noticed any changes in your water parameters?
No change in the water parameters; everything is perfect since the tank finished its startup cycle. But that skimmer sure removes a lot of gunk from the aquarium !

Jen1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the same since set up of my 55 gallon in the beginning of July. So far I have no complaints. I recently added chaeto and made a DIY grow light to put on the back window. I can usually let it run during a water change of 10% with no worries. My heater, seneye and probes all fit in it with lots more room.

OP
OP
Clownfish_Boy

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the same since set up of my 55 gallon in the beginning of July. So far I have no complaints. I recently added chaeto and made a DIY grow light to put on the back window. I can usually let it run during a water change of 10% with no worries. My heater, seneye and probes all fit in it with lots more room.
Cool ! That big compartment makes a great fuge or can contain additional bio media. It's like having a sump on the back of your tank....

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back