Review: EcoTech Coral Glue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Joe says not all cyanoacrylate are created equal in his review of EcoTech Marine Elements Coral Glue.

READ: EcoTech Coral Glue: this is one SUPER glue!

glue00.jpg

glue021.jpg

glue041.jpg

glue081.jpg

MORE MARINE DEPOT NEWS

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Note the extremely short shelf life, unfortunately this review doesn't explain why the glue is only good for 1-2 months. After a short period of time the entire bottle seizes up because the glue is so thick.

I purchased this glue and the entire cap clogged after a few uses. I do not recommend the product. Yes super-glue caps do frequently clog, but it's usually just the very tip, typically an easy fix (needle or fine tip tweezers). With this glue the entire cap clogs up and it's impossible to clear it. Big solid chunks of glue form in the bottle, so you have to continually clear clogs as those pieces get stuck in the cap.

The glue itself is pretty good but stick to IC Gel if you want a nice thick glue.

Last edited:

ReefKeeper09

Clownfish Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
I have not used it yet. Though I am curious to here the replies to this. I have pondered trying it. :D

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have used this glue for years and never had an issue. Very thick! I have not had any issues like logzor.

But at 20$ a bottle I prefer bsi gel when I can get it instead.

Genesis Corals

Genesis 1:21
View Badges
Reaction score
I had the same problem with BRS glue clogging up bad and not really working underwater. I found with the BRS glue if I touched the wet frag it would cause it to clog, but if I kept it away from the water it worked fine. You might try the same with this type and find better results. I currently use Boston Aqua Farms Reef Glue Gel and love it, but might try a bottle of this when I run out.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back