Rip Clean Success Stories: Tell me about your rocks!

Is your rock-to-water ratio...

• 1 lb rock to 1 gal water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >1 lb to 1 gal water

• <1 lb to 1 gal water

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I eyeballed it

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (esplain, Lucy)

• Total voters

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
walt disney GIF

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KB

if you don't get any entrants here (the rip cleans aren't in the chemistry forum, for example)

then I have this offer: put rip clean into google, pick from jobs we actually did, ask them directly, tell them you're logging answers here. Sometimes you'll have to go all investigative and prompting direct to get input.

this thread indeed may expand with all kinds of input based on trials ran, but if not you can still drive some data this way by initiating the conversation. right now in the general forum is one heck of a list of people to ask.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KB

if you don't get any entrants here (the rip cleans aren't in the chemistry forum, for example)

then I have this offer: put rip clean into google, pick from jobs we actually did, ask them directly, tell them you're logging answers here. Sometimes you'll have to go all investigative and prompting direct to get input.

this thread indeed may expand with all kinds of input based on trials ran, but if not you can still drive some data this way by initiating the conversation. right now in the general forum is one heck of a list of people to ask.
I don't know that I have the energy to do a deep dive. But I am curious.

And if this fades into oblivion, I think I'll be all right. I don't really have a dog in this fight.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, I (the wife) eyeballed it. As we were making a zero porosity dry calcite scape, the weight to water volume scenario has no relevance to our tank. We used Portland cement to glue it all together out side in a cardboard fake tank then let it sit in freshwater for a month whilst the cement cured.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garf honestly if we could align them to improve 50% efficacy tank to tank they'd put me out of business.

I can truly say rip cleaning is much more consistent across ten tanks than animals that keep the balance, but, its a horribly unnatural thing to do whereas some margarita snails never offended anyone and when they work, they can keep entire tanks under control.

animals really are the ideal to strive for.
we do it for the ends, the controls afforded in a world of random possibilities and frankly lots of times we're the last chosen step before exiting the hobby. snails was the first thing they tried

some diamond gobies could put us out of business lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back