OP
Santiimari

Santiimari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way, I would never ever ever ever ever own a free red sea tank, I'm nobody's beta test v2.

Only agreeing to report that they acknowledged it and offered to fix without cost, so far. There is no degree of money i would accept to own a red sea aquarium in my house. They're split risks

I knew of this trend in 2016, the supposed early 'bad lot'

All the splits we see now *were * the fixes to those bad lots. In 2027 I'm fully expecting to still be on this merry go round but for a new group of owners
Probably going to just spring for a waterbox 105g DT.

I went to a LFS today where they had both a G1 and G2 Red Sea, and there really was a noticeable difference in the seams between the two with the reinforcement. It still hangs slightly over the cabinet.

I am a newbie, this was my first tank, so I don't really know all the things to look for.

It would be disingenuous to not report that they offered to replace it at no cost with the upgraded 300XL+ G2 model. I think after everything though I cant bring myself to risk it, and might as well get a slightly larger tank.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the replacement then sell it to use towards the intended tank

give the buyer fair input on the matter, plenty of folks want a never used reduced price brand new Red Sea

plenty of folks take the chance with a full cost new one

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to see anyone go through a tank rupture. I’m glad that a replacement is being sent out. With that……
1685669029361.gif

OP
OP
Santiimari

Santiimari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the replacement then sell it to use towards the intended tank

give the buyer fair input on the matter, plenty of folks want a never used reduced price brand new Red Sea

plenty of folks take the chance with a full cost new one
Yeah I think that is the plan.

OP
OP
Santiimari

Santiimari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knew you would eventually show up as well. I'm getting rid of my Redsea tanks. Are we good now? lol - You can take your your predjudice and realize you're wrong
:( I am sorry you are getting rid of your tanks, I did see some pretty rad Discus today though. I want to do a freshwater tank one day, I love how beautiful planted tanks look. Gosh probably should have started there tho...heard it's easier!

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( I am sorry you are getting rid of your tanks, I did see some pretty rad Discus today though. I want to do a freshwater tank one day, I love how beautiful planted tanks look. Gosh probably should have started there tho...heard it's easier!
I tried to get a guppie tank set up for my girlfriend cause she wanted some and I’m not good at fresh water apparently :face-with-tears-of-joy: :rolleyes:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MNFish

I didn’t know there were 700k reefers thats interesting. At least you’re staying with discus the demands they require to breed are on par with reefing and not simple or easy at all, still requires really good science to keep them well enough to breed them. I’ll never forget reading Herb Axelrod books in the 80s on discus fry raising, how they feed in special ways from the parents (don’t they actually eat some of the slime matrix coat from the parent fish? Didn’t google its an honest 35 yr recollection)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MNFish

I didn’t know there were 700k reefers thats interesting. At least you’re staying with discus the demands they require to breed are on par with reefing and not simple or easy at all, still requires really good science to keep them well enough to breed them. I’ll never forget reading Herb Axelrod books in the 80s on discus fry raising, how they feed in special ways from the parents (don’t they actually eat some of the slime matrix coat from the parent fish? Didn’t google its an honest 35 yr recollection)
we have some floor damage that needs repairing, so - its either the salt or discus for right now. I currently have a 200 gallon redsea tank upstairs that is sitting on a floor that needs replacement - (with the discus) - and I'd rather have it on 'basement level' - given all of the comments - which despite the fact that I don't agree - Have become paranoid about. So - temporarily - my reef is gone and discus in the 200 gallon are moving downstairs.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have a red sea 300xl . It's 2 years old. I herd seam failures are a problem for larger red sea tanks. Not the 300 and 350 down. But still I get so nervous
No they’re common IN 300xl and below. There is members on this forum who have posted

leeloo82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy it new?

I just got a Reefer 350 and this scares the hell out of me....
Omg. I just started researching tank brands and Red Sea Reefer 350 "was" at the top of my list. And then this seam failure was brought to my attention. So glad I joined this forum.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back