Rke

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am pretty sure it can be but probably the way I did my apex. I have an Ethernet chord running from the apex to a network wall jack plug in. Here is the one I am using: (2) Netgear XET1001-100NAR Powerline Internet Network Adapter_Ethernet/Wall/JACK | eBay

The signal is transmitted back to my wireless router and then I have it set up to control via my ipad, computer, or iphone. I also through in a wireless camera for good measure. LOL!

OP
OP
VB68

VB68

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure it can be but probably the way I did my apex. I have an Ethernet chord running from the apex to a network wall jack plug in. Here is the one I am using: (2) Netgear XET1001-100NAR Powerline Internet Network Adapter_Ethernet/Wall/JACK | eBay

The signal is transmitted back to my wireless router and then I have it set up to control via my ipad, computer, or iphone. I also through in a wireless camera for good measure. LOL!
Okay, first I appologize for my inexperience or should I say ignorance. I don't have an RKE just yet, but am trying to figure this out first. Is all you have to do with this setup is plug into an outlet, plug the controller into it and it will send the signal wireless??? pics would also be helpful

markak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to buy the net module from DA to get on the internet.

OP
OP
VB68

VB68

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to buy the net module from DA to get on the internet.
Not wanting email or alarms sent to a phone or anything, will the net module connect the RKE to my computer wireless?? Just wanting the monitoring and data of the tank.

markak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes>>>> This is what it does.......Email
Get alerts to your email, cell phone, or PDA
System Status
Current system data and channel status over the internet, gives you real-time information about what's going on in your system.

RSS feeds
Get on going status on your system from the RSS feed from the NET module!

Logging
With 2000 data points per entry and 1 minute to 4 hour resolution, the NET can log from 33 hours to almost a year. You can also set the resolution uniquely for each of the 16 items logged, giving you real flexibility.

Graphing
We have included dynamic Flash graphs with NET to give you the ultimate viewing experience. You can scroll back and forth, zoom in and out, see an overview or just an individual data point; all over the internet from anywhere in the world.

Exporting
You can also export your logged data to a .csv file to log, plot or just view in any other graphing program you have. Digital Aquatics

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just want a view and/or control from your computer, then you may not have to do anything but hook up the serial cable and use DA's MyReef software.

You'll be doing firmware uptates via this route anyway, so I'd consider that first.

If you really do need the controller to be on your LAN directly, then as people have mentioned, you need to add DA's NET module to your ReefKeeper. It comes with a a standard RJ45 jack - it is up to you to get it on your network, wifi or whatever, from there.

Bruno

MEMBER OF THE ELITE FORCE
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What kind of web cam you using?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 61 43.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back