Ro/di, I need advice.

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Time for an ro/di system.
I got $100 to 150. Anybody got ideas 4 me?
I saw , aquafx barracuda ro di, $145
Or aquatic life twist rodi. $ 115. Anybody have either or suggest another? Thanku

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just r.o. right? Isn't it better I get ro di 4 stage right off the bat? I'm asking cause I don't know. I run fowlr tank. No coral

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure refurbished is a great deal for $125....HERE. There are no wearable parts and with new filters....it really is a new unit at a great price.

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, if you're investing that much already you definitely want a 4-5 stage RO/DI system.
This is a 4 stage RO/DI for $134 from a well known and trusted vendor that sells refills. > http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/75gpd-4-stage-value-ro-di-system-bulk-reef-supply.html
If you can afford a little more, this is the PLUS version with some extras including a TDS meter. > http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/4-stage-75gpd-plus-ro-di-system-bulk-reef-supply.html

Edit: redfishbluefish's suggestion is the best.

tom reilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank?how much water will you need for changes and top off? Will you be able to store water or make and use same day.
These things influence the rodi system you will need.

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 gallon, I think I would run it, mix, test, then change water on the spot. Not store it. I also found a refurbished spectrapure ro di for 125$ online?

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 gallon, I think I would run it, mix, test, then change water on the spot. Not store it. I also found a refurbished spectrapure ro di for 125$ online?
Mixing stations are always helpful especially when large water changes are needed but you can likely get away with on the spot mixing. Always depends on the salt. Some salt does not mix fast at all. Remember, water produced from the ro/di system is very slow. Like 1/3 ro/di to 2/3 waste per gallon. So, on the spot has its disadvantages. Just something to keep in mind. I run one container with ro/di only and one with heated 35ppt salt mix. Makes life easy.

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely get yourself a 20g rubbermaid to hold RO/DI. You can run the RO/DI unit overnight and store the water for when you're ready to mix.
I think the refurbished spectrapure is the way to go.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The barracuda worked well, I got impatient and ended up going with a faster system on brs.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would snatch that spectrapure up in a heartbeat. You'll never outgrow it, because you can always add on a BRS upgrade kit and parts wise spectrapure is definitely high quality.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back