• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

RO Rising Sun Growout?

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm interested in getting a growout together with the corals listed in the thread. I do not haomeone who has done one in the past and is willing to put in the time lets figure this one out. Anyone else interested? ve the experience to do the growout or tank space.

Updated:

Hey I want to say thank you to everyone who is interested in getting in on this grow out. I've received a bunch of PM's as well as posts in this thread as well as the original for sale thread. To be fair to everyone, I have listed those who either posted or PM'd me first. I have also included 3 backups just in case. If more than those number of people drop out, I will go back to this thread and my PM's to pick the next person up. At this time, I just need confirmation that those who are listed are still committed to doing this grow out. I would like this to get this moving pretty quickly to be fair to SD. So on to the details.

After speaking by PM and phone, it is going to be best that this is a 5 person grow out due to the slow nature in which the Rising Sun grows. Which means this will be the cost of the entire pack divided amongst all 5 the members. This could easily take close to a year to from start to finish (would be a pretty awesome Christmas present next year!) and I want to be as honest and upfront about everything as possible. I will not be handling the money or frags themselves. I like most of you know just how awesome these pieces are and am very lucky that M and M has agreed to be the grower. I'm just here to help organize this and help wherever possible. With that said, for those of you who are new to grow outs, remember M and M will do his best to make sure everything goes smooth but things do happen. Same goes for SD as things can happen with shipping and he only has one Rising Sun. I have no doubt everything will go smooth, but again things do happen (I was in the original chalice grow out that failed miserably, so I know :sad: ).

I will be sending out PM's to those who are listed and will update the thread as quickly and often as I can. Once the frags are shipped, I'll be turning this over M and M. Please post any additional questions here or feel free to send me a PM. Also, I've included a link to a post about the basic rules of a grow out. So if you're new to these, check it out and a few of the many others that are here at R2R. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/group-buys/55830-before-you-group-buy.html

List of Potential Grow Out Members:
1) Mallard (myself)
2) M and M (Grower)
3) roblshan2000
4) c.declivisowner
5) financialreef

Backups:
---------------------

6) kschweer
7) Wesley42709
8) joker295

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-livestock/74582-real-deal-ro-rising-sun-chalice.html

Last edited:

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for starting the thread. The member names that showed interest in the growout are:

roblshan2000
c.declivisowner
financialreef

You may want to shoot them a pm so they can join in here if interested.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to see the cost and and how this all works. Never done a grow out before. Will be watching this thread.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to the list. I am interested in joining in for the RO Rising Sun.

Just let me know who the grower will be and how much it'll cost for the buy in.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the interest guys and I have been in contact with Matt (mallard) and he seems to have a lot of this under control.

Once a grower has been chosen, the total number of people locked in, and payments sent, I will work out with Mallard and the grower to see when shipment will be best (would be nice to get this shipped and going before the Christmas season causes too many mail delays)

fletcher2007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would prolly be nice if sd actuary would be willing to be a grower it seems like in other grow outs he is the best and it would save on shipping and maybe he would be able to keep a eye of the rising sun since he really likes that chalice and we all go threw hard times where we have to sell to get some extra cash

softie57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would prolly be nice if sd actuary would be willing to be a grower it seems like in other grow outs he is the best and it would save on shipping and maybe he would be able to keep a eye of the rising sun since he really likes that chalice and we all go threw hard times where we have to sell to get some extra cash

I agree. I'm in also pending grower and cost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mallard

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, just to give a little update. We have a very respectable member of R2R who has volunteered to be the grower. Welcome M and M as the grower! I will be in contact with Scott (SD Actuary) to figure out some of the details today and post them tonight. As far as costs, it will be the cost of the pack divided amongst those who are in the grow out. Just as a forewarning, the chalices in the pack are known to be very slow growers. So this could take a year or so for the pieces to grow out, so please keep this in mind when deciding to join. I'll update the OP tonight with those who have shown interest and start finalizing everything. Thanks again to SD Actuary and M and M!

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, just to give a little update. We have a very respectable member of R2R who has volunteered to be the grower. Welcome M and M as the grower! I will be in contact with Scott (SD Actuary) to figure out some of the details today and post them tonight. As far as costs, it will be the cost of the pack divided amongst those who are in the grow out. Just as a forewarning, the chalices in the pack are known to be very slow growers. So this could take a year or so for the pieces to grow out, so please keep this in mind when deciding to join. I'll update the OP tonight with those who have shown interest and start finalizing everything. Thanks again to SD Actuary and M and M!

im still in pending the rest of the details

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a dumb question but how long do these grow outs usually take? And is it the whole pack in the thread or just the rising sun?

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a dumb question but how long do these grow outs usually take? And is it the whole pack in the thread or just the rising sun?

well that depends on the coral and how many ppl are in the growout.
rising sun grows really slow so i will be awhile on this one for sure.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IDK if he is in hard times he just dropped 350 on a new SC piece.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 95 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.5%
Back