RO Unit installed into the Laundry

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah has been asking me for awhile to hook up our RO unit into the Laundry to make it easier than lugging it in and out as we go.
So today I got into it and and the end result is awesome, we run a 10mtr line into our Quarantine room and can fill our 100ltr and 2 x240ltr tubs reallu fast, I put high flow filters in and it works a treat
set an alarm and forget

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sarah has been asking me for awhile to hook up our RO unit into the Laundry to make it easier than lugging it in and out as we go.
So today I got into it and and the end result is awesome, we run a 10mtr line into our Quarantine room and can fill our 100ltr and 2 x240ltr tubs reallu fast, I put high flow filters in and it works a treat
set an alarm and forget

Nice! You can also install a float switch on your RO 'container' such that it will 'shut off' automatically. Especially, if there is a drain 'just in case' in the room. I bought a 'rain barrel' - made from the same material that is a brute trash can - it has a spout to drain water in the bottom. I raised it up - using buckets - so its easy to drain into a bucket if I want to full up my ATO, or pump water directly into the tank (I use it to store both salt water, and RODI)

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You can also install a float switch on your RO 'container' such that it will 'shut off' automatically. Especially, if there is a drain 'just in case' in the room. I bought a 'rain barrel' - made from the same material that is a brute trash can - it has a spout to drain water in the bottom. I raised it up - using buckets - so its easy to drain into a bucket if I want to full up my ATO, or pump water directly into the tank (I use it to store both salt water, and RODI)
yep ours is a rain barrel also 100ltrs, its on a stand in our Quarantine room, we use a Sicce pump to pump to all of our tanks.
I have blocked off the bottom tap.
:)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yep ours is a rain barrel also 100ltrs, its on a stand in our Quarantine room, we use a Sicce pump to pump to all of our tanks.
I have blocked off the bottom tap.
:)
I use the bottom tap if I need 5 gallons for something. otherwise - yes - its closed

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 33 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back