Rock Anemone ?

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here have one? Please share any info to keep them happy? Lighting, placment, Flow, ETC....

Anyone have any negative experience with them hurting other inhabitants?

Also any links were I can find more info would be great as my search has not turned up much.

Here is a pic of the one that should arrive one day this week from Dr. Macks. Someone beat me to the best looking one probably someone from here.:(

IO0502269BrightRedandGreenRockAnemo.jpg

Thanks Joe

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that one is definitely pretty sweet!!!! i have one similar to that. have had it for about 6 months or so. They like to eat krill once or twice a week and dont like a ton of light. They're pretty easy to place, i just held mine where i wanted her and she stayed strong. She moves once in awhile if she gets too much light, other than that she stays put. Havent had her sting anything altho im sure they can just like any anemone. Very nice additions to the tank, congrats! looking forward to seeing pics of yours!

Frogfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are anemones which means that they have a foot and can move. I had one that moved behind the rocks so I could not see it for a few months. When it decided to come back it was about 1/4 its original size and bleached white.

Fortunately it did come back and is now looking great is bigger than ever.

Mine does keep the yellow polyps it is next to in check. They will now spread anywhere close to where the anemone will sting them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 177 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back