ROCK POOL REEF KEEPERS GROUP

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I recently got back from school and my PB tang had some white spots. I tried to just ignore it (I know this was stupid). The next day the spots were worse and my hippo tang had them too. I finally set up a qt tank with the same water, I treated it with copper and it hasn't been really helpful, first my hippo died, then my PB, then my 2 firefish. All I have left is a pair of clowns (one is badly infected), my leopard wrasse (doesn't look too good), and my shrimp in the display tank. How do I just get thru this w/o quitting. This is so annoying and idk what to do
sorry for your losses.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a Jebao 24W that I have hooked into my return line. I only had an issue with it when I forced it and broke a seal. otherwise its been good to me.
I think a rule of thumb is largest UV you can afford and install.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a filter spilling over that should add enough aeration. I have drops to monitor ammonia but nothing else. I am trying to decide what I need in a UV sterilizer. Is there one you would recommend?
Drops to monitor ammonia/ products claiming to remove ammonia simply do not work. Avoid short cuts and change water for true removal. Power filter will NOT provide aeration but rather provide movement. Please again avoid short cuts and take advice given- Add an air stone - its not costly and yet effective.
UV- AquaUV, Jebao and lifeguard

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
I would love to see these videos
Will try my best but when I hear my voice on video I cringe lol
Maybe do a voice over with someone’s else’s voice over maybe lol

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
thank you. My wallet is too
Hey chin up we have all had losses it is part of learning and don’t beat your self up look forward
Personally I hate adding fish to my main tank even after gt always thinking they’re going to get something and wipe the lot out it happens. In this hobby when things are good they’re really good and when things go up the creek you feel like throwing in the towel the secret is don’t pack in keep going and you will succeed. Good luck my friend

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Will try my best but when I hear my voice on video I cringe lol
Maybe do a voice over with someone’s else’s voice over maybe lol
Just edit it a little. Or just like deal with it I did that for 3 years and people liked it better than a voice over. lol

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey chin up we have all had losses it is part of learning and don’t beat your self up look forward
Personally I hate adding fish to my main tank even after gt always thinking they’re going to get something and wipe the lot out it happens. In this hobby when things are good they’re really good and when things go up the creek you feel like throwing in the towel the secret is don’t pack in keep going and you will succeed. Good luck my friend
Thank you. this really helps.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Uk vendor have a look
Marine World Aquatics

Please see the list below of livestock available to order at Marine World Aquatics as of 21.5.2024
ORDERS NEED TO BE PLACED ON OUR WEBSITE
'www.marineworldaquatics.co.uk'
By 10PM Tuesday in order for Thursday/Friday arrival Subject to availability.
Stock is limited and for this reason we have provided you with the list as a rough guide when placing your order as to what is available. Stock is not guaranteed; however, we will try our best to fulfil your orders.
Any Orders over 50% We aim to complete, So please ad Reserves as this is on first come basis.
Any Orders That Can Not be 50% Completed will roll over to the following week.
Once again, we cannot thank you enough for your understanding, patience and support.
ADKq_NZekvk7mEpadcy6e9FFre-Wjb7d6lshtmxxJjhlp-kDE2Zfqc7KjO0_wHCLMufQPnMQmPqs-yV9Rna-9MADKCM7Iqqml_0f6NiqIkFml_lz3TXESrfST2IGGdo_B02QMj_n2XvBA5M=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NZoyZfTg5YGvxNccmhP99cfXG0EmGWb88lPYzPuBBRd0n5kqLijnAUsRV5rV9xbPrdp7nsr00_j-DYZnTstBcJcbKbeO0L2fAJ1KuyHbfdo4WkghegNmiaHSs7NWKUIZ0RT0ggI4yg=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NY59Ibqy67m8SOeS1nGU2tmYItJ6TrZmte9zACYmG3vRw44_ScItmTbwLOXxZPZ44Lgyu5JbmIOIA0VQuOBavhMH_gOew7TSXeSC2K-TVu6Hn6hatBM8tzxA9ZFQB6H1GfWjgvDNBk=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NYLmIXPHQdpEKa9E9v-AKvZZ-R__qxGv5PGcaNdui1_a2gzTA8s9HLsjXCKDEpuPpWHzX1Mcodu5YfvDJlQNrHk5qOrEyRfutbEQk-5OKeNAQCbBF53NptIJaS7eBXQe_7x0X_y0tA=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NYS8GlN7FlsNOcSJMUTWT66ipxMi7lWL3riuybpyjmJ0RRqR_9FWzw3DF6cMNaHF_9gVS6L32PV4GakuvHQxDuhNkZYaZVj-s-8gLlIS_oZzfKiR7H_Cm1jgKHYCK8DbsiZygiImQY=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NY9-qDcc6k1jApblRqPGP9yjR-Zza-VDeORyi5_SVrn9SzdU56cUx8rFFLVu7kQnsSvK8PbwFBXbL6liFG-ffG7DiO42Y4BJenaIgZFRqVfI9QIum8ueQo92KPhqplwiwPzNTdGFWY=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NYXSKh-ZVmmCGovF6Gzu_J2qUUqfOBUU7wQdo-aNugEBA4Raf5LlVHIkUQK8iUgABkywwdWFinqAfFkT-AjJ8mqMbQvvBHzfFSwopeIyu4yjfGcmPfPYKN2cDikT61BxlAPZPGYmSU=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NZ8MlBuovCAwgvZJr2vDce7DNBOhYNRElGGqbtGtwYtJirofymEcwcbP01_GvmL3ZP6uoqrFgD67QA3auvlIxfBy9ink5xzO9h3qja9V622uiy4Ghj-PbXrj-qgwCP5oecTtAvYs74=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NYCulUqw9LX-GAx21x0OOCQAkC3Uf5z-P0_8b0d1m8JqPA9MH3EixD7hBHf3LH4SVoII2YMQX0WgUP219aFiYoegMuDYoMJOtDzaRjY3mQdQ2aDukbE7nSvSkJjWiBxATVrQF1BCMo=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_NachM95ewjkCohySzR6QT7NETvldTWErBMiJQuu1NXb3ia73cprNUyhZ_mp0NusYVcsj3KlR4XMslzOYI88vIz_z1VZvLuCn3V5JpGFz9Va16QKOqva-wf-4sECaizwAkQZ7yO0_Kc=s0-d-e1-ft
Electric Blue Hermit Crab - (Calcinus elegans)

Electric Blue Hermit Crab - (Calcinus elegans)

£9.00
Introducing the Electric Blue Hermit Crab, also known as Calcinus elegans! This little marvel is a rare find, originating exclusively from the Marshall Islands. Picture its electrifying blue legs with striking black banding, while its antennae proudly display a bright orange hue. Not only that, but both its claws are almost equal in size, showcasing a mesmerizing brownish green color.
The Electric Blue Hermit Crab thrives in abandoned snail or triton shells, or it may surprise you by attacking and devouring a snail to claim its shell as its new home. But that's not all – this tiny crab has valuable qualities that make it a valuable addition to any aquarium.
First off, it's a voracious algae eater, making it the perfect natural solution for combating green hair algae and cyanobacteria. Additionally, as it sifts through the sand, it provides essential aeration, contributing to a healthy aquatic environment. But here's the best part – the Electric Blue Hermit Crab is reef-safe, so you can rest easy knowing your coral reef will remain undisturbed.
With the Electric Blue Hermit Crab, you get even more benefits:
- Efficient algae control: Say goodbye to unsightly green hair algae and pesky cyanobacteria.
- Easy sand maintenance: Let this tiny crab do the work of aerating your aquarium sand for you.
If there's a shortage of algae, not to worry – simply feed the Electric Blue Hermit Crab some dried seaweed to keep it happy and healthy.
Don't miss out on this unique addition to your marine world. Get your Electric Blue Hermit Crab today and experience vibrant colors and a cleaner, well-balanced aquarium!​
Marine World Aquatics
7-9 Buttershaw Lane, Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD6 2DD
United Kingdom
01274 416425
[email protected]
© 2023 Marine World Aquatics​

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.7%
Back