Rock Scrubbing Gravel Vac

Masher76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I wasnt really sure where to post this but since I am trying to figure out how to scrub nuisance algae off of some rocks, this seemed like the most appropriate place. I have previously tried using a toothbrush and a hose to both scrub the rock clean and siphon out what is scraped off but it is always difficult at best and I never have enough hands to make it work. This problem has had me thinking of an alternative and I have an idea. No clue if anyone has made anything like this but it sure would be handy if there is.

Basically, what i am picturing is a piece of clear tubing of say 1/4"-1/2" diameter with some short stiff bristles on the end of it. Maybe even something like a small gravel vac that we all use from time to time with a ring of bristles pointing down that could scrub the area clean while removing the debris via siphon. Something akin to a brush head for a shop vac. Has anyone seen anything like this? Sure would come in handy from time to time and with people coming up with the neatest things in the 3D printing world maybe something could be created. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen something like that per say but i am always inventing my own reef tools out things. So i bet you could come up with your own custom tool. I have all types of brushes of varios stiffness and bristle shape i use on my reef rocks and frags. I made longer handles out of plastic coat hangers to extend the reach. Find a brush and just tape it or plastic wire tie it to the end of your hose or mini gravel vac tool.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back