RODI Resin Purchasing

IndianReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to purchase a decent amount (more than 1.5 lbs-like BRS packs) of the Cation and Anion color changing resins. BRS has been out of the 8lb bag, and I can't seem to find a source for it. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm open to non color changing options, but I am curious what everyone else uses, or is it just small bags from BRS for me?? Also, does anyone replenish there resin (HCL seems like a bad idea), apologies if this is on a different thread.

OP
OP
IndianReefGuy

IndianReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link, but I can find the mixed bed pretty easily. It's the Anion resin that I'm having a hard time locating. This site is out as well...

OP
OP
IndianReefGuy

IndianReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a fear of not being able to rinse out excess… chlorine bad for reef, yes? Also not sure how to rinse with HCL. Also, what strength and how to acquire said HCL. Thoughts or advice?

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there's any free chlorine. The H gets swapped in for whatever got taken out of the water in the first place. Somewhat like when we use HCl to clean CaCO3 deposits off pumps, the HCl breaks down but recombines with (in the pump example) the calcium and the carbon and the oxygen to make compounds (CO2, H2O and CaCl).

If you're not regenerating it, then maybe mixed bed media would be a good option? Not sure of your particular situation.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back