RODI Unit for 34g Tank

KyRo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm really sick of going to the fish store to get RODI water. I honestly don't need much as my tank isn't very big and I do see some 75 gpd systems, but I wasn't sure if that was what I needed for how many gallons I have or if they even get much smaller than that.

I do live in apartment with not much room, so I must take that into account also. Something I am able to hook up to the sink and fill up a few 5g buckets would be great. I am very new to these systems, but are they easy to move? Moving from my sink to under the cabinet when not in use?

Any advice is welcome, and I would greatly appreciate it.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go!

As awful as it sounds, it looks like you're wanting one of those compact units (which I feel are not cost effective in the long run).

ReQuackulous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome table, another factor to consider is time, a larger unit will fill you 5 gal bucket much faster. Imagine waiting 24 hours for 5 gallons and ensuring it doesnt overflow

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have one hooked up you won’t want to move it. You will wonder why you waited so long. It can hook up under a sink cabinet on the cold water line.

OP
OP
KyRo

KyRo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have one hooked up you won’t want to move it. You will wonder why you waited so long. It can hook up under a sink cabinet on the cold water line.

This might be a dumb question, but once hooked up to the cold water line, is there a valve? I'm trying to wrap my head around how the unit produces the water and when it stops.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a 30g tank and I use the Aquaticlife RO buddie. It works fine for me. The waste water ratio is too high and the DI canister doesn’t last too long. I’m only making about 10g per week, so that works week for me.

You can use a ball valve before the water intake of the the RODI system to stop it once you are done making water.

I got the RO buddie due to the small form factor. I live in an apartment as well.

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a dumb question, but once hooked up to the cold water line, is there a valve? I'm trying to wrap my head around how the unit produces the water and when it stops.

yes.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back