roller matts VS Ozone

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO as I am thinking about a new system I am wondering about roller mats VS Ozone.

they seem to have a similar function just a different way of going about it.

do you think running Ozone with a roller mat is a wast? I fancy the idea of Ozone if the apex ORP prob will work...I like that there is less wast in the ozone route over roller mats.

I am thinking of using the roller mat on a sea horse build and the ozone on a fish only system.
thoughts?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ozone is not going to remove any particulate matter and a roller mat is not going to brake down organics. Their functions do not really overlap. Go with both.
I would like to but the sump i am looking at not sure the roller mat will fit. BUT I was going to use filter floss changes 3X a week, ozone, skimmer, fuge and UV.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use socks and ozone. I only suggested using the roller mat based on your thread title. Either way I don't see the two options as a vs one another, more like one complementing the other while working together.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agree with Sean. They are two totally different things.

I have both, but I don't run the Ozone yet on my new build. A Red Sea Reefmat is the best purchase I've made in my almost 30 years with the hobby. Keeps the water sparkling clean and I never have to mess with changing filter pads or filter socks.

Ozone is something you need to have setup correctly or you can get into a bit of trouble and cause harm to your livestock and equipment.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with Sean. They are two totally different things.

I have both, but I don't run the Ozone yet on my new build. A Red Sea Reefmat is the best purchase I've made in my almost 30 years with the hobby. Keeps the water sparkling clean and I never have to mess with changing filter pads or filter socks.

Ozone is something you need to have setup correctly or you can get into a bit of trouble and cause harm to your livestock and equipment.
I agree about seting it up correct but with an ORP prob. set conveniently one should be good to go? unless I am missing something, sounds easier than CA reactors and some dosing methods. IDK famous last words eh? haha

my last big-ish tank I had problems keeping the N&P up of course it was under stocked.
on this tank i would use Ozone just to keep water supper clear and use other methods of removal.

I guess the question now is when to start ozone from the get go or after it stocked?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back