Rossmont mover, controller waver

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here use these Rossmont powerheads, with the waver controller? They seen to be an awesome product, well built. Im very tempted to buy them. I need to know any reviews before buy it.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following.
I watched part of the brs video today. Looks interesting, may be the replacement when my jebaos kick the bucket..

waxhawreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pumps are well priced but controller is $200, just bought new jebao sw-8, two for $119 shipped, smaller than my pp-8, same flow, hard not to pay for , pp-8's been fine for over a year!!

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing a search to find out just that, If anyone has been using them?
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I've been watching/looking at everything out there, here & abroad (my girl hates it when I watch youtube in a different language. lol)

I contacted Rossmont the other day, just a little "sapper" probe into a company I haven't had any experience with yet. I got a quick response & recommendation on their pumps
( multiple in fact, with different price points and situations for upgrade ability) Even asked for follow up on my tank dimensions (92gal corner) and livestock, returned with pump size and placement refinement in a diagram.

As I am re-setting the tank now I think I will be selling off my old MP40 and all the packed away extras to give the Rossmonts a try.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing a search to find out just that, If anyone has been using them?
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I've been watching/looking at everything out there, here & abroad (my girl hates it when I watch youtube in a different language. lol)

I contacted Rossmont the other day, just a little "sapper" probe into a company I haven't had any experience with yet. I got a quick response & recommendation on their pumps
( multiple in fact, with different price points and situations for upgrade ability) Even asked for follow up on my tank dimensions (92gal corner) and livestock, returned with pump size and placement refinement in a diagram.

As I am re-setting the tank now I think I will be selling off my old MP40 and all the packed away extras to give the Rossmonts a try.
Thats nice! If you decide to buy them, please
Let Us know what you think. Im really interested on them.

familiar1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 of the 4100 pumps and a waver. I first saw them at Macna 2016 in San Diego. The specs were good and the owner was very friendly and informative, so I made the purchase at the convention. The programability on the waver is good, especially for an ac pump. I like to have surges of flow and it accomplishes that very well. I have them set something like 30s 100% and then 30s 10%, with an 8 second ramp up/down between the 2 settings. I had some clattering issues at first when running them on the waver through a power strip but after a firmware update I am not experiencing any issues. Customer service was little bit difficult/lengthy to reach in comparison to Tunze or Ecotech. The flow is very different then my MP40s and Tunze Streams. It kind of pulses in a circular motion, meaning when you hold your hand off center 6-12" from the pump the flow is not consistent strength its on and off in the specific spot your hand is at. I imagine that its more tunze like with the provided attachment but I have not tried it. The mount is fairly good for positioning and directing flow but not as a good as the tunze mounts in my opinion. The mount won't allow you to create flow parallel to the mounting surface as tunze mounts does. The Pump is fairly quiet also, I can't precisely recall at the moment how it compares to my the MP40wqd i have, but i would guess that its probably a little louder. With a 3yr warrantee and price point I think its a very viable option. I use 2 pumps without a waver as needed for saltwater mix, sump cleaning etc... For that type of use its an even better deal as you get like 4000gph for $100-$120 per pump.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 of the 4100 pumps and a waver. I first saw them at Macna 2016 in San Diego. The specs were good and the owner was very friendly and informative, so I made the purchase at the convention. The programability on the waver is good, especially for an ac pump. I like to have surges of flow and it accomplishes that very well. I have them set something like 30s 100% and then 30s 10%, with an 8 second ramp up/down between the 2 settings. I had some clattering issues at first when running them on the waver through a power strip but after a firmware update I am not experiencing any issues. Customer service was little bit difficult/lengthy to reach in comparison to Tunze or Ecotech. The flow is very different then my MP40s and Tunze Streams. It kind of pulses in a circular motion, meaning when you hold your hand off center 6-12" from the pump the flow is not consistent strength its on and off in the specific spot your hand is at. I imagine that its more tunze like with the provided attachment but I have not tried it. The mount is fairly good for positioning and directing flow but not as a good as the tunze mounts in my opinion. The mount won't allow you to create flow parallel to the mounting surface as tunze mounts does. The Pump is fairly quiet also, I can't precisely recall at the moment how it compares to my the MP40wqd i have, but i would guess that its probably a little louder. With a 3yr warrantee and price point I think its a very viable option. I use 2 pumps without a waver as needed for saltwater mix, sump cleaning etc... For that type of use its an even better deal as you get like 4000gph for $100-$120 per pump.
Thats awesome! Thanks for taking your time to do a review. So far I dont see any negative review about them. I like it :)

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two mx2600's and the waver. Fit and finish is nice. programming them was more difficult than I imagined, but ok once you get the understanding. Tons of options for programability. I assumed there would be some example programs or modes, but nothing I could find. I have no experience with controllers which I imagine would have made the programming easier if I had. I've got them in a 4' 120 gal. More than enough for the tank, but bought up a size for future planning. I would guess based on the web interface, they're going to have a lot more products coming to market. Overall I'm happy with them.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two mx2600's and the waver. Fit and finish is nice. programming them was more difficult than I imagined, but ok once you get the understanding. Tons of options for programability. I assumed there would be some example programs or modes, but nothing I could find. I have no experience with controllers which I imagine would have made the programming easier if I had. I've got them in a 4' 120 gal. More than enough for the tank, but bought up a size for future planning. I would guess based on the web interface, they're going to have a lot more products coming to market. Overall I'm happy with them.
Thats good! I have a 120g too. Are you running them at 100%? Where Did you place them? Back glass or side glass. The jebao RW15's I have now, are at 70% on the sides... Before when I had them on the back glass, they were at 50%. Either way I have enough flow. I want to have an idea for the model I should get it.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats good! I have a 120g too. Are you running them at 100%? Where Did you place them? Back glass or side glass. The jebao RW15's I have now, are at 70% on the sides... Before when I had them on the back glass, they were at 50%. Either way I have enough flow. I want to have an idea for the model I should get it.

They are set up on opposite sides with a max output of 70%. The recommendation for two in a 120 was the M1900, but I plan on at upgrading to at least a 220 in the near future. I had Jabeos prior, and they did the job just fine. One of the controllers started malfunctioning so I upgraded.

mdlc805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 1200 in NY 40 breeder and have been using them for 7 months now and love then

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Said I was going to pull the trigger on'em.
Just got a delivery. 2x mx2600 and a waver. I'll be a bit before Im a re-set but I will give a review once they are running.
Be on the look out, WWD MP40 control/dry side will be up for sale. lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back