Royal exclusive disepointment....

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bought a red dragpn x return pump. Had a varios 4s before, this was completely silent. the only reason I replaced it was because the low water sensor was gone, and then I thought I'd buy the best. it works very well, but it has a faint whirring sound, or if there is a gear that is grinding a little.

feil med pumpa, eller er den ikke lydløs?

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000008626.jpg

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the RD name, I would not expect these to be anywhere near the RD3 quality and are apparently just another rebadged import.

I am not aware of RE even attempting to say they are upgraded in any way. I could be misinformed.

Last edited:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the RD name, I would not expect these to be anywhere near the RD3 quality and are apparently just another rebadged import.

I am not aware of RE even attempting to say they are upgraded in any way. I could be misinformed.

Is that their entry line now or something? Didn't know they had those. That is vastly different than the RD3 that I have.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the RD3 pumps are fully discontinued. The x and eco are the replacement I think. Both appear to be simply color coordinated rebadges. I will stand corrected if anybody has further information.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the RD3 pumps are fully discontinued. The x and eco are the replacement I think. Both appear to be simply color coordinated rebadges. I will stand corrected if anybody has further information.

Thanks for the heads up on the discontinued part. Seems like an odd choice considering the RD3 is pretty set design wise and doesn't need to be changed. Maybe it is the price and hobbyist flock to knock off or cheaper products.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up on the discontinued part. Seems like an odd choice considering the RD3 is pretty set design wise and doesn't need to be changed. Maybe it is the price and hobbyist flock to knock off or cheaper products.
I was told that the availability and cost of materials to manufacture made it impossible to continue. I don't know why that means that they are still somewhat making the 100W RD3 model or how it differs from the other 4-5 RD3 models.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that the availability and cost of materials to manufacture made it impossible to continue. I don't know why that means that they are still somewhat making the 100W RD3 model or how it differs from the other 4-5 RD3 models.

Got it, and thanks. Appreciate the information.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back