Rpe?

IBMGeek

I Brake for Zoos!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these look like RPE to you guys/gals? There not open yet, so ill try to get a better pic later.

Thanks

284339510.jpg

OP
OP
IBMGeek

IBMGeek

I Brake for Zoos!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try to get a close up shot of the polyps when they open. There like brownish.

Last edited:

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
deffinately not rpe, you can see the greenish hue on the oral disc, not reddish like these
DSC_2365.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
IBMGeek

IBMGeek

I Brake for Zoos!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you think? Not named? I got them for 60 bucks, ripoff or what?

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well they are nice in their own way, there are a lot of heads so the price is about fair. for true RPE's with that many head you might have pay 4 times more sense frage disk with like 10 heads can cost around 80

OP
OP
IBMGeek

IBMGeek

I Brake for Zoos!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well they are nice in their own way, there are a lot of heads so the price is about fair. for true RPE's with that many head you might have pay 4 times more sense frage disk with like 10 heads can cost around 80

Im just going to have to paint them red then. :hammer:

Nah I plan on keeping some and maybe trading the rest.

Thanks

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are mosat likely Green people Eaters or Green Stardust People Eaters.
They will continue to color up under high lighting. Mine went from brown the most neon green under high t5 lighting. They then devoloped a bluish skirtand outer ring with white speckles in the center. The colony i have in my nano just turned very dark neon green. Every time i see these int he store they look like yours. 60 bucks is not a bad price if you got a large colony.
Here is a pick of the ones in my nano. let me try and find a pic of what they continue to morph into.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some shots real quick so you could see what they eventually turn into if under these lighting conditions. Sorry i didnt feel like setting everything up to get great shots. These ones you see here went from looking all brown with just the green mouth to these in about 2 months. I can't wait to see how far they will morph.

OP
OP
IBMGeek

IBMGeek

I Brake for Zoos!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!! If it turns into that then im definetely keeping them. Thanks

kenske

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these look like RPE to you guys/gals? There not open yet, so ill try to get a better pic later.

Thanks

284339510.jpg

I have the same ones. Got them on ebay from zoafrags.com. They named them "Hawaiian Punch".
IMG_0541.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot that is a nice big rock of cool polyps, I would keep them no matter what they turn into. You don't see rocks that big with PE type polyps that often any more......I think you might like them once they morph a bit......

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here were mine before I took them out of the nano. They looked just like yours when I got them. RPEs tend to look more solid brown without the green sheen when they come into our local "wholesale store".

130_3006-1.jpg

redsonja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a rock similar to that a month or so ago, and they've turned into something very close to the picture Pitcom posted. Mine had about 6 RPE polyps on it that I didn't even notice until I got them home, so I was very happy with my $34.00 purchase. :D On the other hand my $45.00 Envy Orange rock is down to a dozen polyps from about 60 so you win some, you lose some...

And I agree with the above comments, they're pretty whatever they're "named." :)

-Sonja

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • Full frame

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back