RR Angry Bird!

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angry bird has a dark blue base with yellow corralites and everything from red to orange to yellow and even blue polyps. I’ve had several but they don’t like my tank. Beautiful coral but it’s way too sensitive for me.

Okay that sounds a bit nicer! :)

I wonder what can be done to improve the hardiness of this coral? Is it loss of colors or is it stn?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay that sounds a bit nicer! :)

I wonder what can be done to improve the hardiness of this coral? Is it loss of colors or is it stn?

Green or white stn in my tank every time. Now the first couple were on me when I was chasing “ideal” nutrients and then I gave it 1 more chance when my reefing skills/success had improved significantly but it did the same thing. Looked great for a week, then stressed for a week and then gone the next. It might be ok now but the collector I bought it from has many issues with his colony. In fact TSA bought their colony from this collector and they release what, maybe 5 frags a year? Like I said, it’s amazing Tenuis, but it’s been way too sensitive for me.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have 20 or so other high end tenius in the tank currently. they all do well, I have lost two frags fresh cuts in the last year both were from the same place.
Sounds good. Hopefully you’ll have better luck than I did. Did you buy it from Topshelf?

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they only had the one for sale on the live sale sense they bought the colony. The colony they bought started to stn on them when they purchased it from the private seller on the journey back to TSA. The AB they have at tsa is a couple on mini colonies they are fusing together. TSA pieces were beautiful after seeing the AB, I found a reputable private seller and begged him for a piece lol.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they only had the one for sale on the live sale sense they bought the colony. The colony they bought started to stn on them when they purchased it from the private seller on the journey back to TSA. The AB they have at tsa is a couple on mini colonies they are fusing together. TSA pieces were beautiful after seeing the AB, I found a reputable private seller and begged him for a piece lol.
The colony I was talking about they bought a couple years ago. I wonder if stn took that one.

Robs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Angry Bird has been one of the hardest Acros to keep happy, if the water is not right forget about it, top it off it's a slow grower. At least with my experience. Last pic is when I bought mine 3 yrs ago, Sept 13 2016.

IMG_9248.jpg IMG_9262.jpg FB_IMG_1568940243370.jpg

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with what some others have said. It seems to be very temperamental. If anything is off it'll be the first one to change. When it's happy though, it's a stunner!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 155 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back