Running 2 reefer mat 1200 !? Any see an issue?

jim881

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,
My new 350 gallon setup is going to flow a bit higher than the recommended from Red Sea, so I'm planning on running two ....I've included a few pics of the proposed setup. I ditched the flexi black plumbing it came with and built a 1 inch T feeding into each reefer mat (the gray schedule 40 hooking up to the Red Sea black connector is actually the inside of a schedule 80 1 inch union....fit in the housing perfect and appears to be water tight on test). This is going to be connected to my main drain (bean animal 1.5 inch line , reduced down to 1 inch for the Red Sea reefer mats.

Does anyone see any issue with running this in this manner? I am having a hard time finding much on the forums of folks running two fleece rollers in tandem on a larger system.

Let me know your thoughts....before I glue ! :) LOL
20230630_095800.jpg
20230630_095814.jpg
20230630_095754.jpg

Last edited:

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,
My new 350 gallon setup is going to flow a bit higher than the recommended from Red Sea, so I'm planning on running two ....I've included a few pics of the proposed setup. I ditched the flexi black plumbing it came with and built a 1 inch T feeding into each reefer mat (the gray schedule 40 hooking up to the Red Sea black connector is actually the inside of a schedule 80 1 inch union....fit in the housing perfect and appears to be water tight on test). This is going to be connected to my main drain (bean animal 1.5 inch line , reduced down to 1 inch for the Red Sea reefer mats.

Does anyone see any issue with running this in this manner? I am having a hard time finding much on the forums of folks running two fleece rollers in tandem on a larger system.

Let me know your thoughts....before I glue ! :) LOL
20230630_095800.jpg
20230630_095814.jpg
20230630_095754.jpg
How did this go? Did it work? My concern would be the sensor but you have it split beautifully I was going to run water into one then into second but plumbing it the way you have is brilliant. I might do the y rather than a t but other than that brilliant.

regards Duzzy

OP
OP
J

jim881

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this go? Did it work? My concern would be the sensor but you have it split beautifully I was going to run water into one then into second but plumbing it the way you have is brilliant. I might do the y rather than a t but other than that brilliant.

regards Duzzy
Duzzy
It worked like a charm...sensors working well and flow is split between the two...one mat does seem to get slightly more flow...i'd say 60/40 , but, otherwise its been relatively flawless!

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duzzy
It worked like a charm...sensors working well and flow is split between the two...one mat does seem to get slightly more flow...i'd say 60/40 , but, otherwise its been relatively flawless!
And both fill and get triggered by each sensor independently? I’d been thinking of a way of connecting both sensors on the same reefmat so that they both cycle at the same time.

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duzzy
Do you have a build post?

OP
OP
J

jim881

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And both fill and get triggered by each sensor independently? I’d been thinking of a way of connecting both sensors on the same reefmat so that they both cycle at the same time.
Both do fill , both get triggered indepently as needed. They are close to the same usage from a roll standpoint, with the one side using slightly faster than the other.
no build post sorry, but happy to answer questions.

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both do fill , both get triggered indepently as needed. They are close to the same usage from a roll standpoint, with the one side using slightly faster than the other.
no build post sorry, but happy to answer questions.
I’m wrapped that it works I’ve been trying to work it out in my mind but seeing it work so much better.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 34.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back